real time web analytics
Report - - Central Power Station, Bromborough, Wirral (01/04/2019) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Central Power Station, Bromborough, Wirral (01/04/2019)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

samla89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Had heard about this place ages ago, and went there not even sure if it was still there, sure enough it was! I was pleasently surprised by this place, and by how much of it was accessible.

History:
Was built in 1918 for the purpose of supplying electricity to Port Sunlight village and the Bromborough docks. Overtime it's use became obselete, and it's infastructure was slowly stripped away. It was briefly re-comissioned in 1998 before closing for good.

What remains is the switch room, control room, a tank and a few pumphouses. The control room is the best part and is colourful with graffiti, sadly didn't get that many pictures as I was more focused on getting video footage!
IMG_8494.JPG

IMG_8503.JPG

IMG_8504.JPG
IMG_8505.JPG
IMG_8509.JPG
IMG_8512.JPG
IMG_8513.JPG
IMG_8520.JPG
IMG_8521.JPG

Redavni Ecaps

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great stuff, another i have not been to for years.
If i remember rightly that pipe in the 4th pic has a drop of about 50 feet, last time i was there there were massive holes in the ground were the pikeys had been digging the copper cables up.
Need to watch were you go carefully in there, especially in the summer when its overgrown.

samla89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Great stuff, another i have not been to for years.
If i remember rightly that pipe in the 4th pic has a drop of about 50 feet, last time i was there there were massive holes in the ground were the pikeys had been digging the copper cables up.
Need to watch were you go carefully in there, especially in the summer when its overgrown.

Thanks! Indeed the pipe was deep, but not as much a drop as the tank had on the inside! And yes, there are still holes with copper torn up from them, there was even a weird open hatch with steam coming from it

Redavni Ecaps

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That sounds interesting, i wonder what that steam could be from, i don't recall that from any previous visits.
Thanks for sharing.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User
I tried to find this place years ago while waiting for someone’s flight to arrive. It evaded me. I knew I was close but i just couldnt find it ha.

Good snaps and decent report!

samla89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I tried to find this place years ago while waiting for someone’s flight to arrive. It evaded me. I knew I was close but i just couldnt find it ha.

Good snaps and decent report!

Thank you! Glad I ended up finding it as I didn't know it'd be in tact after all these years

uggla

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I live im Bromborough and was exploring all over this estate in the 80s years before the Croft existed, if i did it now they would think i was on the rob lol

samla89

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I live im Bromborough and was exploring all over this estate in the 80s years before the Croft existed, if i did it now they would think i was on the rob lol

Did see a dog van patrolling the nearby roads!

Who has read this thread (Total: 181) View details