real time web analytics
Report - - Centrale Idroelettrica - Aug. 2019 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Centrale Idroelettrica - Aug. 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

ForgottenBuildings

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone! This is my first report on 28dayslater, so let me introduce myself. My name is Jessey, 18 years old and i've been a passionate explorer such early 2015. Since then i've already explored a lot of just stunning places in countries like; Italy, Belgium, Holland, Germany and France. I also recently started documenting these beautiful places in the form of video, in these video's I tell the often interesting stories of these locations.
Thanks for reading! I'm very excited to post more in this forum!

History:
This power plant was constructed at the begin of the 1900s. The power plant was a hydro electric plant so this means that water with a strong current was necessary for the production of electricity. The purpose was to power a huge facility built around the power plant which made calcium carbide, this was used mostly for agriculture. At the end of the 1930s an extensive renovation occurred which added a huge art deco glass window for the control room. Unfortunately after the second world war the demand for calcium carbide decreased, in 1972 this facility closed for good due to this. Now 47 years later the main turbine hall is heavily decayed, which resulted this stunning combination of vintage industry and heavy decay. But the site also had another hidden highlight and that was a second turbine hall. This hall was a huge contrast from the other one, because this one was still in mint condition without any stupid graffiti or vandalism in general.

I really enjoyed this location, you just gotta love Italy for giving us such great locations.

48543834402_1a1d36559e_k.jpg
Art Deco control room by ForgottenBuildings, on Flickr

48543721701_2308cdbcda_k.jpg
Turbine by ForgottenBuildings, on Flickr

48543891857_d1f105edf4_k.jpg
Control panel by ForgottenBuildings, on Flickr

48543858552_3093a6b9b3_k.jpg
Centrale Idroelettrica by ForgottenBuildings, on Flickr

48543846852_fa26170a8d_k.jpg
Turbine Hall by ForgottenBuildings, on Flickr

48543702061_09739687af_k.jpg
Turbine Hall by ForgottenBuildings, on Flickr

I also made a video where I tell the hidden past of this former power plant:

Thanks for reading everyone!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Hello and welcome to 28dl. Fantastic 1st report. Great shots. I would really love to see some more photos of this place. Your opening shot is fab. :thumb

The_Raw

Staff member
Good to see you on here mate ;) There is a section for all European sites on here so I'll move this thread for you. The other sections are all UK only