real time web analytics
Report - - Ceulan Mill, Wales - Aug '15 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Ceulan Mill, Wales - Aug '15

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Moose

My name is Jeff
28DL Full Member
We arrived here as part of our Welsh exploration roadtrip. I'm not big on derps, much preferring the tickle of sewage on my heels, the warm, un-interrupted, tranquil security that being underground gives.

If it requires stealthing past seccy or skillful framing of empty, peeling, graffiti-ridden hallways, i'd normally pass the offer up. But the village was holding a fayre, and we meandered our way past the milling tourists and down to Ceulan Mill. Really worth checking out, it's in a lot better condition than a lot of the other derps i've seen (not that i've seen any 'difficult' ones yet :P )

The mill was built in 1847, producing wool for the use of industrial clothing. Woolen spindles can still be seen, although slightly faded, sat on what appear to be some type of looming machine. I am no mechanical engineer but the cogs and belts provided a welcomed change in photo subject.

Cheers for looking!

IMG_3195-2.JPG

IMG_3198-3.JPG

IMG_3199-4.JPG

IMG_3201-5.JPG

IMG_3203-6.JPG

IMG_3205-7.JPG

IMG_3206-8.JPG

IMG_3207-9.JPG

IMG_3208-10.JPG

IMG_3210-11.JPG

IMG_3211-12.JPG

IMG_3212-13.JPG

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
I could have sworn someone said this had partially collapsed, good to see it hasn't.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This place has to be one of my favorite mills, quite small but chocked full of good stuff. Excellent photos too :thumb

Who has read this thread (Total: 7) View details