real time web analytics
Report - - Chaddeston Culvert Derby - November 2012 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chaddeston Culvert Derby - November 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DarkSplank

Derping Around.
28DL Full Member
I've seen this inviting outfall on google maps for the best part of 8 months now and i have finally decided to do it. I thought i'd be the first but i am not, but still this is an interesting culvert and not far from home. Sorry once again for the poor light quality in the picture's. I will be investing in a new torch soon.

I don't know much about this other than it's the Chaddeston culvert, i explored the final cuverted section that leads into the Derwent River.

Looking out from the outfall.
DSCF0040.jpg

Looking in the outfall:
DSCF0041.jpg

Interesting side bits, i thought they would make it easier to walk along the culvert than splashing in the water but they slowly raised up and walking became crouching =/

Looking back toward the outfall
DSCF0039.jpg

The only interesting bit of this section of culvert, a box section and steps.
DSCF0014.jpg

(Obligatory light painting)
DSCF0030.jpg

I got a bit 'arty' here.
DSCF0034.jpg

DSCF0033.jpg

From the box section the culvert turned to a corrugated iron affair complete with bolts sticking up from the floor, pain and falling ensued...
DSCF0024.jpg

The people that made the culvert had some mad idea's!
DSCF0027.jpg

More iron corrugatedness
DSCF0021.jpg

And finally, the infall of this section
DSCF0016.jpg

All in all this was a good mooch, nothing too long or back breaking, we headed out to the nearby Burger King for a burger and weird looks, which were free.

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details