real time web analytics
Report - - Chalk pit - near Braton white horse April 2021 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chalk pit - near Braton white horse April 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I go past this most weeks and always tell myself need to go in one day... in fairness it's on one of my running routes and tricky to stop the running once started. Need to remind myself more forcibly to go in.. I will put a post-it note up on the fridge.

The online history is scarce. The only snippet of information that I have to add is that it is said to be the largest chalk pit in the UK.
No way the biggest chalk pit in UK, certainly not area wise, I don't know about by volume of chalk removed. The big pit east of Bluewater at Dartford is considerably bigger than this quarry.

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Decent enough report and pictures, do my OCD favour though and straighten your bloody pics :D

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
you must of been seriously pissed when you wrote this everyone of them photos is either portrait or landscape not one is took at a angle .
I dont drink, they are in general not straight mate, thus my comment, portrait or landscape is neither here nor there. they just aint straight

for example.. pissed is the term i think we use these days

1801689_ee7407b58c29507bf75aba8ad1769f7a.jpg

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I dont drink, they are in general not straight mate, thus my comment, portrait or landscape is neither here nor there. they just aint straight

Thats a perspective effect that you get with any close view, if you look at the door on left thats perfectly straight. Some newer cameras come with a feature to correct this, before digital that required very expensive 'parallax shift' lenses.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User

That is a spot on pic imo, the extreme left door is perfectly straight the perspective means the others aren't but looks OK to me

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
@Wevsky am afraid this time you been out voted does look like a string line job to me :thumb
I say what i see mate, i have a bit of a thing about pics not being straight , and a few of yours set my ocd right off, nowt wrong with any of them, well nothing a little adjustment wouldnt make

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
That's not on the piss, it's purely the perspective. The doors further back are perfectly straight.
yep i see that mookster, if personally have the line of the panels straight as thats the main view point

Wevsky

A Predisposed Tourist
Regular User
Thats a perspective effect that you get with any close view, if you look at the door on left thats perfectly straight. Some newer cameras come with a feature to correct this, before digital that required very expensive 'parallax shift' lenses.
door is yes, id of put the panels straight, or found a happy medium :D

DaveFM

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
door is yes, id of put the panels straight, or found a happy medium :D
no way to do that without putting the door at an angle though, this can be overcome by photographing from a distance with a longer lens but thats not an option for indoor pictures.

Who has read this thread (Total: 238) View details