real time web analytics
Report - - Chance Glassworks, Birmingham 19\05\06 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chance Glassworks, Birmingham 19\05\06

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Fantastic industrial site. Climbed over perimeter wall, and entered one of three large workshops. Very old fashioned workshops, but a bit bare. It was not until we ventured into the vast tunnel network that it got really interesting!! They are huge, and house the glass kilns, most still intact with fire bricks and salt from salt glazed pottery. We need to return with "search blaster" for some decent pics...

The large building is still to be done, as it had a pikey guy in it when we were there. The site also has a great air raidc shelter, complete with ARP notice board.

Chance.jpg

Chance1.jpg

Chance2.jpg

Chance4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Raddog

28DL Full Member
Re: Chance Glassworks, B'ham REPORT

Search Blaster. Ask for it by name!
:D

Great location, this is the dodgiest floor I have ever walked on. In one place the roof is collapsing onto an office partition that is collapsing through the floor itself...:eek:

aChance.jpg

lock1999

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Greetings again guy's, if this is the place I think it is it was even more impressive in 1992. There used to be a Ruston diesel fire pump with a door on to the the canal towpath from the engine room.

dweeb

28DL Regular User
Regular User

We found this near the Glassworks... it is at the (trashed) gate of the nearby park. My guess is Mr Chance gave the park for his workers. Look how well the locals have looked after it. He is probably spinning in his grave.

Above the door reads "the gift of G Chance"

DSC_0433.jpg