real time web analytics
Report - - Château de Noisy/Miranda, BE July 2013 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Château de Noisy/Miranda, BE July 2013

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Cracked

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A bit of a late one, but with it's impending doom, thought I'd better get around to posting it.

Visited with my wife (a non member) on our honeymoon around derelict Belgium. The second visit for me, the first for her. The place was very relaxed, and after parking in the usual place, we climbed up the hill and into the grounds, to hear a car pulling away. I have no idea if there were some more (more bold than us!) explorers who drove into the grounds, or if we just missed someone official, but either way, we never saw anyone and we had a good wander around until the light failed. The place has really suffered from the last time I saw it back in August 2011. In my opinion the outside is the best thing about it now. That and the tower of course - still an amazing view of the area and the forest reclaiming the castle.

I've recently heard a number of rumours of very unfriendly locals who are actively confronting explorers, and calling the police.

A little history.
Stolen from wikipedia with some original additions.

Château Miranda), also known as Château de Noisy is a 19th-century castle in Celles, province of Namur, Belgium, in the region of the Ardennes.
The castle was built in 1866 by the English architect Milner under commission from the Liedekerke-Beaufort family, who had left their previous home, Vêves Castle, during the French Revolution.
Their descendants remained in occupation until World War II, when it was taken over by the National Railway Company of Belgium (NMBS) as an orphanage. It remained a facility for the use of children until 1980.
It has stood empty since 1991. Although the municipality of Celles has offered to take it over, the family has refused, and the enormous building is now in a derelict state. It is well known in the urban exploration community and is a a favourite location for many English explorers in their trips to the continent.

The building was scheduled for demolition during 2014. However, a recent campaign to save the château appears to have delayed the demolition for another year, as protesters attempt to have the castle recognised as a listed building and saved from destruction.

IMGP3171.jpg

IMGP3210.jpg

IMGP3193.jpg

IMGP3205-1.jpg

IMGP3241-1.jpg

IMGP3234-1.jpg

IMGP3225.jpg

IMGP3245-1.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 0) View details