Web
Analytics
Report - - Chateau Verdure, France - December 2015 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Report - Chateau Verdure, France - December 2015

mockney reject

28DL Regular User
Regular User
The history

Mostly stolen from @The_Raw

The chateaux is situated in a wealthy area outside Paris and not the easiest place to find its very well hidden amongst the trees. I couldn’t find much history about the place, but it was clearly once a very grand house which has been left to rot. I found various stories about a couple who had lived there and the wife died and the husband left it as he couldn’t face living there anymore.

The Explore

I knew I was heading off to France with @slayaaaa & @mrstewie and started searching for locations. I found @The_Raw 's post and decided we had to go…..

After speaking to a few people and chatting to my “French connection” I had a rough location and we headed in that direction.

It’s crazy how downhill it has gone in the few months since The Raw visited it, still very photogenic though and worth a visit

The doll at the piano freaked us out a little on entry and the floors were a bit iffy. But overall I loved the place and it would make a great resto project

As always enjoy the pics

DSC_0984_zpsbj8xayxu.jpg

DSC_1000_zpswjeo1p4t.jpg

DSC_1159_zpstl4kexu8.jpg

DSC_1153_zpsc7rfwkob.jpg

DSC_1141_zpstpnmbzht.jpg

DSC_1131_zpsacybq7pc.jpg

DSC_1120_zpsxz1laoho.jpg

DSC_1117_zpsrvum6sxm.jpg

DSC_1092_zpsv6lrmg7m.jpg

DSC_1077_zpsddwwesfc.jpg

DSC_1084_zpscoe74mrf.jpg