real time web analytics
Report - - Chatham InShops abandoned shopping centre | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chatham InShops abandoned shopping centre

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Medway Extreme Urbex

28DL Member
28DL Member
Chatham InShops, later renamed the Trafalgar Centre is an abandoned shopping centre. It was a shopping centre full of very small community shops and small businesses. It was closed in 2013 due to health and safety concerns.

The centre is owned by NCP, who own a large amount of property other than car parks. When the centre was open, the management were famously terrible, they would regularly hold tenants property to ransom if the tenant was late paying rent, as well as a lot of other very bad practises.

The shopping centre did not make much money for NCP. For the last 10 years before it shut in 2013, around half the shops were empty. The remaining shops were pretty unconventional, including a very dodgy looking tattoo parlor and a shop selling what was know at the time as legal highs, substances that had the same effects as hard core drugs which the government hadn't yet made illegal.

Today the shopping center remains untouched from when it shut. We were the first urbexers to ever visit the place. It was a great to see the place exactly as I remembered it. And some parts of the centre still had working electricity.

Elcamino;)

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
That NooNoo is even more traumatizing than the original!Interesting location though

Hidinginplanesite

Khurbanx
28DL Full Member
I remember going in here always untill it closed down ! It crazy it sold for ยฃ2.7m and theh wanna re do back up even know closed down H&S ,

I remeber how grim it was in this place ! I go past it almost daily when I go though town

Who has read this thread (Total: 710) View details