real time web analytics
Report - - Chaucer School - June 2018 - Canterbury, Kent | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chaucer School - June 2018 - Canterbury, Kent

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

urbtastic

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The visit was a little strange for me since I'd been here once before, 6 years ago to take the entrance exam as a backup in case my 11+ went south. So the only time I'd seen it was in its best light, when they were trying to charm us and tell everyone about how it was such a great and modern school with a prosperous future. Now I came back, and I saw the same rooms again only now completely abandoned and overgrown.

A little info shamelessly copy pasted from Wikipedia:

Chaucer School (or known simply as Chaucer) was a partially selective, mixed ability comprehensive school in Canterbury, Kent.

Former names of Chaucer include, Chaucer Technology School, Geoffrey Chaucer Technology School, Canterbury Technical High School for Boys

In February 2014 Kent County Council announced the school would shut due to low pupil intake and poor standards. Just weeks before Swale Academies Trust had promised a conversion to academy and the sale of land to rebuild the school, it is believed these plans have been scrapped and that the school will shut. Shortly after the proposal was made public, a petition on Change.org was created in an attempt to revert Kent County Council's decision however this method failed. The school closed in September 2015.

I didn't think I'd be able to get in at first, after climbing around for a good hour I still didn't find any unlocked windows. It was only when I was about to leave in defeat that I stumbled across one hidden between two rooves. Pictures are a little blurry, especially the indoor ones since it was getting dark at this point.

Tvu46Np.jpg

v7NsYoh.jpg

cFjpa7W.jpg

0yg2HE8.jpg

pnieR9b.jpg

8XyTiln.jpg

PxAoVL5.jpg

uXSlbDz.jpg

4LqIhLf.jpg

9tAbLRR.jpg

Ld8rWuO.jpg

ZccvAUB.jpg

ebX7MnS.jpg

1N4YY9p.jpg

YxbBRX4.jpg

6PYltQm.jpg

VT0ZoxN.jpg

X9hauLX.jpg

Last edited:

LeeOAW

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good job in getting in man, we didnt find a way so ended up giving up. Now I want to head back after seeing this and try to find the place you got in through.

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
Looking a right old mess now. I was in a meeting where the future of the Canterbury secondaries was discussed about 2012. At the time low student numbers were blamed for the closure which was true at the time. However they knew numbers were going to improve given the numbers in primaries at the time. The result, spires academy up the road gets a shiny new extension while this place closes. Sad really.

urbtastic

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Looking a right old mess now. I was in a meeting where the future of the Canterbury secondaries was discussed about 2012. At the time low student numbers were blamed for the closure which was true at the time. However they knew numbers were going to improve given the numbers in primaries at the time. The result, spires academy up the road gets a shiny new extension while this place closes. Sad really.
Not to mention the massive housing development planned, people are going to have to go to school somewhere. There was a Kent online article claiming there are plans to reopen, but I highly doubt it considering the extensive damage to the buildings (the floor is warping massively in some places for example).

Timmyexplorer

28DL Member
28DL Member
Good morning me and a few of my friends liked the look of the school so we went there on saturday night, wasent expecting a guard there tho but luck was on our side as he was asleep in there hut wemanaged to get inside and it was bigger then we expected, we are going to return there soon to get better photos ,

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good morning me and a few of my friends liked the look of the school so we went there on saturday night, wasent expecting a guard there tho but luck was on our side as he was asleep in there hut wemanaged to get inside and it was bigger then we expected, we are going to return there soon to get better photos ,
Good one mate and I’ve had same experience with guard being asleep before and it looks like he was really tired if he slept on the job

Timmyexplorer

28DL Member
28DL Member
yeah we wasent there that long around hour and half max didnt wanna push our luck plenty of overgown weeds and bushes around the back to tske cover just incase tho and the field was easy to come in from and leave with out being noticed

Luke vaughan

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
yeah we wasent there that long around hour and half max didnt wanna push our luck plenty of overgown weeds and bushes around the back to tske cover just incase tho and the field was easy to come in from and leave with out being noticed
That’s good then that u get in and out easily and I’m gonns check it out soon when I go to London or Canterbury well I might go in 2 weeks tbf

Who has read this thread (Total: 255) View details