real time web analytics
Report - - Chaucer Tech College, Canterbury - September 2019 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chaucer Tech College, Canterbury - September 2019

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

D

Dragon_Urbex

NOTE: THIS SITE IS CURRENTLY UNDERGOING DEMOLITION AND ASBESTOS REMOVAL.

Literally within two days of me arriving at university for my first year, I caught wind of a derelict secondary school not too far from the actual main campus of my uni. So within five minutes of locating it, I was pelting off towards it on my bicycle! Upon arriving I could see it was beside a fairly busy road which made things slightly more difficult than they had to be, but hey ho. Such is the nature of urbex!

The Explore:

After scouting for about ten minutes, I clocked a security cabin in the main car park area. The guy was on his phone with headphones on so I snuck past him stealthily and managed to get into the school site. Definitely one of the more atmospheric places I've been to. 2,000 pupils used to attend here right up until 2015 when it closed down for good. Now the corridors are dark and dank. When I got into the building, that really musty sort of school smell hit me. I explored the place almost fully and spent at least three hours there. It's mostly empty but some cool features still survived.

Here are the photos, taken on two different occasions:

DSCN4119.JPG

DSCN4124.JPG

DSCN4123.JPG

DSCN4136.JPG

DSCN4133.JPG

DSCN4134.JPG

DSCN4137.JPG

DSCN4138.JPG

DSCN4139.JPG

DSCN4142.JPG

DSCN4144.JPG

*Snrk* :^)

DSCN4148.JPG

DSCN4150.JPG

DSCN4152.JPG

DSCN4153.JPG

DSCN4155.JPG

DSCN4157.JPG

DSCN4159.JPG

DSCN4160.JPG

DSCN4173.JPG

DSCN4174.JPG

DSCN4178.JPG

DSCN4180.JPG

DSCN4192.JPG

DSCN4197.JPG

DSCN4200.JPG

I like this pic if I might say so myself. The keys look like teeth!

DSCN4202.JPG

Thanks for readin'! :^)

Attachments

• DSCN4158.JPG
    DSCN4158.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN4193.JPG
    DSCN4193.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 23

Maniac

rebmeM LD82
Regular User
5 years on from the closure of Chaucer there is there's now a shortage of secondary school places in Canterbury and the surrounding area. Go figure on KCC's wonderful decision making deciding to close it.

Airfix

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report and photographs, not seen this one before since it closed.

8mm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Can'r believe it was about to be demo'd and there was a grand piano sitting on the stage! FFS, what a waste, councils are just plain dumb. Now we need more schools and the ones we have can't expand because they sold off their playing fields too!

mookster

grumpy sod
Regular User
Can'r believe it was about to be demo'd and there was a grand piano sitting on the stage! FFS, what a waste, councils are just plain dumb. Now we need more schools and the ones we have can't expand because they sold off their playing fields too!

Pianos are usually more of a hassle to move than they are worth hence why there are so many sitting in abandoned buildings, plus if the damp has gotten into it you may as well go and find a new one.

8mm

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yes, certainly true for old uprights that languish in peoples houses, but grands are bleeding expensive and less common, even crappy ones, so to leave it in situ was mad. I've had people drive halfway across the country to pickup scabby pianos and that one looked pretty good.

Five.Claws

General Nuisance
28DL Full Member
Reminds me so much of my old high school that it's unreal. Very nostalgic!
Great photos, surprised to see the place in such good nick.

vushtrri

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I can recall....which shows my age,
many many years ago when on the site of the college were allotments and the sports/ playing field adjacent to it were plum orchards all the way up to Mounts Farm...had an endless supply of plums each summer. ..and the ‘road’ from St Martins Hill up Spring lane ,was a narrow lane with hedge up the centre. Down in the town itself there were still a few war damaged buildings propped up ..always worth a good explore especially one up Burgate lane that had a double depth cellar underneath. It must have been a grain merchants or such like, on the top floor was a beam and pulley sticking out into the street still with rope attached..very inviting to a 5 yr old!

Who has read this thread (Total: 192) View details