real time web analytics
Question - - Cheapo CREE ebay torches vs LED Lenser | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Question - Cheapo CREE ebay torches vs LED Lenser

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poison Jam

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi all

I know how highly thought of the LED lenser's are here, particularly the P7, and I may get one eventually, but I thought I'd try out one of the cheapo 'CREE LED' torches on ebay. The one I got was advertised as 250 lumens, takes one AA battery and is focusable. I think it cost me £3.50 including postage. I can't complain at all at that price. It's very bright and very small. I don't expect it will last that long, you can't begin to compare build quality between that and a LED lenser, but I still wonder how the light output compares. On paper, it should be brighter than the LED Lenser which is 200 lumens. Has anyone got both a cheapo torch and a lenser and compared them?
Just curious!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160831994206

Last edited by a moderator:

Leeds(Ex)plorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've had my cheapo T6 for probably 6/7 months now dropped it numerous times, once into water and its never missed a beat

Quality £20 i reckon

PCWOX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
£20 is cheap compared to a Lenser, but hardly as cheapo as £3.50 on a HK cree special :D

Leeds(Ex)plorer

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
well yeah but that 3.50 one is quoted at 250 lumens

the £20 is 1600 and comes with 2 batteries and chargers

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Am I missing something here but which/what model of torch we on about here ?

Ojay

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Some of us are genuinely interested in said torch..

Stick a link up would ya or it will end up deleted (again) :thumb

Dinosaur

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I think it means you can wipe your arse with it. :eek:
Good thing is it's posted from the UK, fingers crossed.

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Re: Thread continuation - that cheap CREE LED torch.

I've got a few of them, pretty good for £3.50. They get hot quite fast so I wouldn't rely on them as primary torch, but useful to have a couple kicking around. One of mine is attached to my bag strap for quick access as the metal clip is well built enough not to come lose and drop off. Gave one to the missus to keep in her bag and they keep their charge over a long period of time.

Adders

living in a cold world
Regular User
Re: Thread continuation - that cheap CREE LED torch.

I also think I dropped one down in Browns last year whilst dressed as a Thunderbird if anyone wants a free one.

Status
Not open for further replies.