Web
Analytics
Report - - Checkley Wood Farm, Betley - October 2017 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Checkley Wood Farm, Betley - October 2017

GRONK

28DL Regular User
Regular User
October 2017

The Visit
I've been a bit quiet lately mainly due to work and family commitments, but I have still been out and about. One weekday evening in October I was sat at home and a family member recalled a farmhouse that they visited a lot during their childhood. From what they were saying it was now in a state of disrepair, so I decided to go and take a look. It is a pretty large farm still complete with several large barns and a few garaged. It did originally have a dairy to the side of the barns but this is now just a heap of bricks.

History
Not much on this place, it is a late 1800's farmhouse located in the Cheshire countryside surrounded by green fields. The building is spread across three main floors with a basement and attic. The building has been empty for about 10 years and is starting to show it, Welcome Trust (previously Co-Operative Farms) who are the current owners had planned to demolish the house with its attached land being distributed between labouring farms under the trust. However it was discovered that the building had become home to a large number of Bats, so the demolition is currently on hold.

Untitled.0015a8ce.jpg

[1]

Untitled.002291ef.jpg

[2]

Untitled.003fcf86.jpg

[3]

Untitled.004d1569.jpg

[4]

Untitled.00619397.jpg

[5]

Untitled.007d9ac8.jpg

[6]

Untitled.008ec7f4.jpg

[7]

Untitled.009aa632.jpg

[8]

Untitled.00599f88.jpg

[9]

Untitled1.001d6ef2.jpg

[10]

Untitled1.0025fa93.jpg

[11]

Untitled.0101062d.jpg

[12]
Cheers for looking.​

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Good to see you out and about dan hope see you again it’s been a while

Mel-89

28DL Member
28DL Member
Came across this while searching for the farm as I used to live here while my dad worked on the farm. Nice to see it, even if the state of it isn’t how I remember. Curious as to the family member who used to visit - could have been before my time though! I believe we were there from early 1990’s for about 9 or 10 years. (Don’t quote me on that though!)