real time web analytics
Report - - Chernobyl September 2021 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chernobyl September 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Boiga

Somewhat Radioactive
28DL Full Member
Managed to get to Chernobyl this year, It's such an incredible and fascinating place. There's so much more to it than just a derelict wasteland. Its super interesting, I cannot wait to go back and get better photos, as well as explore more areas. Well worth going!

Everyone knows the history by now, but fantastic place to visit. Can’t wait to go back. There were many areas where we couldn't explore, unfortunately. But it just means going back - no hardship really.

Also, Chernobyl hotel was crazy for something being inside the 30km zone, you wouldn't have thought about the facilities and super fast WiFi!

The all important Chernobyl Sign.
IMG_1663.jpg

One of the many boats
IMG_1726.jpg

These robots where used by the government to attmept to clean up the graphite. However, their electronics all failed due to radiaton.

IMG_1807.jpg

The all so famous Prypriat Sign

IMG_1834.jpg

The original Prypriat sign still exists.

IMG_1954.jpg

At the docks.

IMG_2041.jpg

One of the house boats. I would love to explore one of these.
IMG_2048.jpg

Exploring more of Prypriat.
IMG_2156.jpg

At the supermarket

IMG_2179.jpg

The most famous ferris wheel ever?

IMG_2208.jpg

Another famous site.

IMG_2235.jpg

Duga 2 was insanely huge!

IMG_2506.jpg

Just keeps going.

IMG_2470.jpg

Special request allowed me to visit the school. It didn't disapoint.
IMG_5464.jpg

Always wanted this shot! Next time I will do better.

IMG_5460.jpg

Just more buildings

IMG_5413.jpg

Inside one of the small villages' houses.

IMG_5624.jpg

Inside another.

IMG_5600.jpg

Inside the hospital, shot through a window.

Some gas masks at Duga.

Car graveyard is now open to explore.

And the all important gigacounter shot at the new confiment.

Attachments

• IMG_2553.jpg
    IMG_2553.jpg
    389.9 KB · Views: 30

KPUrban_

Surprisingly Unsurprising
Regular User
Do like seeing images of this place. Even if it is well covered already. Great choice for a first post.

Saying that, that house boat looks interesting.

Boiga

Somewhat Radioactive
28DL Full Member
Do like seeing images of this place. Even if it is well covered already. Great choice for a first post.

Saying that, that house boat looks interesting.

Its such an incredible place to visit, I can't wait to go again! Many thanks for your kind words, I wasn't overly enamered by my shots. But I will look back at them in a few months and have another bash at editing!

Yeah it really does, unfortunetly spoiled by people putting stickers on the inside (the same around the whole zone) but need to do a stalker trip, but with the risk of prison im sure the fees are significantly higher!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Really nice set. Captured the place nicely. Always great to see. What a way to start posting in 28dl. Big kudos & welcome. Yep the tv screen shot is fab :cool:

UnknownAX

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Love a good shot of Chernobyl it's one of those places I'd love to visit. I'd like to not only do the tour but do the "Real" explore, I know a few who have done it and have said it's an absolute mission but the sense of accomplishment is second to none.

Boiga

Somewhat Radioactive
28DL Full Member
Thanks again guys for all your kind words!! :)

All I can say is go before it's too late! It's no more expensive than an all inclusive holiday - which is eaiser said than done, of course!!! I'd also love to do the 'stalker' explore to get the full Chernobyl experence; the fire a few years ago ruined a number of key iconic stalker sites (like the bus) - which sucks. But with new law that's either coming in or already in, it's either a £500 - £1000 fine (I personally would be willing to risk that) - or 3 year prison sentence (not willing to risk! haha). Also in my current job, I would quickly get the boot haha.

UnknownAX

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Thanks again guys for all your kind words!! :)

All I can say is go before it's too late! It's no more expensive than an all inclusive holiday - which is eaiser said than done, of course!!! I'd also love to do the 'stalker' explore to get the full Chernobyl experence; the fire a few years ago ruined a number of key iconic stalker sites (like the bus) - which sucks. But with new law that's either coming in or already in, it's either a £500 - £1000 fine (I personally would be willing to risk that) - or 3 year prison sentence (not willing to risk! haha). Also in my current job, I would quickly get the boot haha.

Yeah the new law about few years in prison is pretty naughty, a fine, on the other hand wouldn't be that bad for me.

gingerspeedfreak

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Fascinating place and, like others have said, I never get tired of seeing pics from there. Nice report and some great pics.

Who has read this thread (Total: 311) View details