Web
Analytics
Chernobyl........... | Books and Media | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Chernobyl...........

KooK

Tall & Flexible
28DL Full Member
Thanks for posting this OLDSKOOL, moving. I heard that Chernobyl will be closed next summer to fit a new sheild over the reactor, I'm hoping to go next October time, does anyone know if its likely to be finished by then?

O

Oldskool

Thanks for posting this OLDSKOOL, moving. I heard that Chernobyl will be closed next summer to fit a new sheild over the reactor, I'm hoping to go next October time, does anyone know if its likely to be finished by then?
that shouldnt effect anything you cant get to close to the reactor anyway i was under the impression its was being done in 2013

O

Oldskool

Nah you can :)

Hi

My visit had the new reactor shield going on early next year, and it will take 3-4 years to complete

So if you did go next year kook, i would imagine you wont be allowed anywhere near the reactor
you mean this one......yes

DSC_0053.jpg

O

Oldskool

but your picture is reactor 5, it was never finished, its not the one what blew up..

The one that blew up was reactor 4, which is what im stood outside of. which is getting the new shield.
aaahhh i thought my pic was reactor 4 the one thats in a concrete crypt

KooK

Tall & Flexible
28DL Full Member
very nice, I'm more interested in Pripyat though, so hopefully it won't put too much of a dampner on the trip...or I can always put it off and go Arizona/Detroit instead :D