real time web analytics
Report - - Cherry Knowle Asylum, Ryhope - July 2008 | Asylums and Hospitals | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cherry Knowle Asylum, Ryhope - July 2008

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
If one of these books were lying in an abandoned asylum, it'd be worth more than one of those old lovely radiators or a couple of oak doors and considerably less of a pain in the arse than removing lead off the roof!

It definitely seems like a fantastic book on this subject where there are few out there. Margaret Rutherford's has been a good resource as she produced one of those Shire books which provide a comprehensive summary on asylum design. Her 2003 three-volume paper on asylum design and landscaping is really good too, very in-depth but not from a purely architectural view. Most of the really detailed info I have found is in those sorts of research papers.

Any chance you could share a couple of images from the pages please? I'm interested to see just what the book looks like inside. Lots of technical drawings or photos, or mostly text or both?

It’s very in depth about the design/architecture more than anything from a MH point of view. I’ll take some pics tomorrow and add them in here

Jane Doe

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
wow that must of been lovely in its day... great to see your photos of it ... i love looking back at the old asylums :)

Fuzzball

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It’s very in depth about the design/architecture more than anything from a MH point of view. I’ll take some pics tomorrow and add them in here

Oh, great! Thank you! The research element of this can be almost as fun as the urbex sometimes.
It'll also help to also decide whether buy a copy at some point too OR organise a heist operation to steal one out of the British Museum. Whichever is the cheaper option at the time.

Who has read this thread (Total: 284) View details