real time web analytics
Report - - Cherry Knowle Mental Hospital April 2008 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cherry Knowle Mental Hospital April 2008

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Brick_Man

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its amazing how every time I go I see something new, or take different shots, or find a different staircase, despite numerous visits and the knowles being increasingly trashed (well it was trashed beyond belief on my first visit 18months back and now there just isn't words to describe :mad:) theres always something new to see.

This time it was the art room! despite hours looking for it I couldn't find it, namely because I was hesitant of venturing back into the nursing block, which is the only hospital building that I've ever visited that genuinly scares me, no other building does, just this one :eek::crazy

On with the PICTAHS :)

DSCF2063.jpg

main hall as always, floor is getting more like st marys, e.g. extra CRISPY

DSCF2061.jpg

a hat for rooks :confused: and a fuzzzy felt board, FUN!

DSCF2066.jpg

in the projection room, film store?

DSCF2080.jpg

'freaky' (a mate of mine who is trying desperatly to gain access to the forum) getting freaky with the remains of the organ!

DSCF2092.jpg

'to mother' twas a bit weird

DSCF2103.jpg

I love fire hoses

DSCF2095.jpg

wish I had a wider lense, or the sense to take 2 and stitch em :banghead

DSCF2116.jpg

staircase wtih goodies at the bottom, even if 'a room full of goodies' turned out to be a folding footrest (pictured) and a box FULL of pencil shavings LMAO

DSCF2109.jpg

patient records and day notes, princessN loved this room

DSCF2108.jpg

looking down the main corridoor from 1st floor female (laurels 6?)

DSCF2119.jpg

a very colourful room that shepy pointed out! yes that carpet IS violently orange!!!

dscf2122.jpg

obligatory incontensance chair shot

DSCF2041.jpg

DSCF2038.jpg

admin stairs, also getting crispy

DSCF2030.jpg

DSCF2054.jpg

admin link coridoor, lost ALL Its roof, wasn't like this 6months ago

DSCF2059.jpg

this is taken standing in the absolute centre of the asylum, everything is symetrical (left and right) around this centre window/faux corridoor

DSCF2129.jpg

down somewhere NEW! under th maintance rooms, where the odd little church/chapel bell is out back near morg. lots and lots of vintage rainwater gulleys/pipework. and a shiz load of asbestos insulation struen all over the floor :freak

DSCF2146.jpg

definitive evidense that Ant was here, least his oversize forehead was LMAO.

DSCF2149.jpg

more pieces of larger art, shame the room was so trashed, with not a single inch of glass left in any of the 4 large windows, which mean't there was very little left apart from some mushy white papers :mad:
the larger canvas/oil paintings were still good if you cleaned em!

pano.jpg

oblig pool shot.

All in a fun morning out with no events. Only 4 turned up out of the planned 10, but still, we had fun and lived to tell the tale.