real time web analytics
Report - - Cherry Pye | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cherry Pye

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Tig

Tig
28DL Full Member
I had read a piece on the test facility at Pyestock. I love industrial ruins and this one seemed promising.
This site has a lot of relevant information; Pyestock

Last Sunday I made a sketchy plan and followed my satnav. I arrived somewhere, and drove around near Farnham for almost an hour without any success. I was about to give up and go home to look at maps again when an unexpected side road took me right there.

After a bit of casual walking and covertly observing the fence, I met two other explorers who showed me an easy way in.

The buildings are in good shape considering they were abandoned ten years ago. I am familiar with electrical installation so the control rooms were interesting.

controlpanelfadeaway.jpg

Don't touch the button Dougal!

emergencybutton.jpg

Love this schematic

schematic.jpg

Much of the cable and wiring has been ripped off, but there are still plenty of examples left

connectorscolordistort.jpg

I followed along as I seemed to have snagged a guide, and we made our way from the control room on through Cell 3
airintakeBnWdamaticcontrast.jpg

exhaustventhighcontrast.jpg

I was surprised how intact everything seems to be, but then again it was all built to a high spec and had to withstand a lot of extreme conditions.

lockedvalve.jpg

lagginghighlightgausian.jpg

There are some great images here to capture. I like the background of piping, valves and steelwork

walkwayBnW.jpg

stairsdownintowellBnWDramcont.jpg

The hard edges on the synthetic shapes are bold and make a dramatic landscape

BnWstuff.jpg

BnWpipework.jpg

BnWoutside.jpg

There are messages from the past
permitsign.jpg

angersign.jpg

And as the structures begin to break down, the weather begins to ingress, along with new tenants. We disturbed the birds more than they disturbed us I think. Although I was startled, it was so quiet there.
bird.jpg

We moved from Cell 3 across the large pipes then on into Cell 1 and cell 2. These buildings house some impressive machinery. Large scale and strange shapes lend atmosphere
bigroundthing.jpg

I just had to look inside that thing!
manincircle.jpg

I like fallout 3, and now I am inside the game
pressuredoor.jpg

BnWpressuredooropen.jpg

What did they keep in here?
biohazard.jpg

What is this thing for?
fanwheel.jpg

fallencables.jpg

chainhoist.jpg

All of this, all around us. Everything has come from our minds, has had meaning and purpose, and has been discarded like an empty coke bottle.
MODfolder.jpg

once guarded secrets are nesting material for birds and mice
These steps ended in black water
rustystairsdown.jpg

the paintwork is now an artwork wrought by time and nature
creampaint.jpg

I have not stepped into any of the offices yet, just passed by
office.jpg

Well there is still a lot more to see here and I am looking forward to another slice of Pye soon.
transformer.jpg

towers.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details