real time web analytics
Report - - Cheshire Constabulary, Oakmere June 2015 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cheshire Constabulary, Oakmere June 2015

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Dangle_Angle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
A bit of history first-

Built in 1892, originally a courthouse, police station and cells. Disused since c. 1987,derelict since then. I did speak to a local shopkeeper who told me that it was bought by someone in Manchester who had a failed planning apication and it has been left to rot since. Not much on net regards it's activity.

After a whistle stop splore of Helsby hill to the burnt out ROC post, myself and my dad decided to check out the old police station and courthouse that is 'Cheshire Constabulary' in Oakmere near Delemere forest.
I pass this most days taking my girls to school and know that many reports have been done on this place but just needed to see for myself.
Now..my dad is 76....but a good 76 and in no time at all he was in, egging me on to follow, haha. Legend!!
Now I must add, tbe place is totally derelict and mega unsafe by the looks of the matchstick sized wood holding the upper floors up. Careful was the key...:eek:

Once inside via a headfirst launch through a gap, we proceeded to look for the infamous cells. It was dark due to tbe blocked up windows and doorways and the floor was dodgy beyond safe. I told my dad to not touch any walls and watch his footing.......crash! Within seconds he'd gone through the boards up to his bollocks and inadvertently reached out to steady himself, touching a wall and causing all the plaster to fall off onto him!!! WTF!!! Hahahaha. Funny but stupid also..
After composing ourselves we made it to the concrete floors of the cells. The area is trashed but one cell is still ok and the cell that's converted to a store is still intact.
The upper floors are not to be accessed due to very dodgy staircases that I did accend but the cracking and squidy boards got the better of me and I aborted the attempt :banghead

To be honest, most of the place is a death zone and not worth the risk. It was more to show the standard of the place compared to earlier reports.

Please excuse the picture quality as taken with iPhone and head torch.

image.jpg

Main concrete stairs (cracked)
image.jpg

Hallway (office end)
image.jpg

Cell 1 (bars and gate missing)
image.jpg

Cell 2
image.jpg

Cell 3 inc. store room
image.jpg

Kitchen remains
image.jpg

80's Pepsi can (didn't have a sip!)
image.jpg

Dodgy staircase on waiting room side (rotting boards)
image.jpg

Many thanks for looking everyone.....

Dangle. :thumb

Lavino

28DL Full Member
:thumbNice one mate and fair ply to your dad also for going in but maybe he should be playing bingo not urbex at he's age haha :thumb:thumb:thumb

Dangle_Angle

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
:thumbNice one mate and fair ply to your dad also for going in but maybe he should be playing bingo not urbex at he's age haha :thumb:thumb:thumb
Hahaha yes! Seeing one leg in a hole and the other up by his ear was priceless!!! Haha He's fucking nuts! If I tell him no he would just do it anyway.

Thanks for looking mate :thumb

trailboss99

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What a waste, it would one hell of a home.
That's the difference betwixt here (OZ) and there. Anything that old here is priceless whilst over there it's a new build :lol:

EDIT: wot? no lol smilie?

Ratboy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
We discovered today that if you are brave/stupid enough to go upstairs there is a part of this that is only accessible by going up then down another set of concrete stairs after going through the courtroom

paulpowers

Massive Member
Regular User
We discovered today that if you are brave/stupid enough to go upstairs there is a part of this that is only accessible by going up then down another set of concrete stairs after going through the courtroom

Don't suppose you found my 10 - 20 lens hood