real time web analytics
Report - - Chessington golf course - Jan 18 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chessington golf course - Jan 18

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pigeonboy

Be gentle
28DL Full Member
after often walking past this site, i finally got in with the help of some friends.
a common dog walker spot, large open grounds with a pond at one end and the clubhouse building at the other.

History
Designed and opened in 1983 by Patrick Tallack, equipped with a clubhouse, 18 bay driving range and 9 hole, 30 par golf course. Lived a busy life, a popular site for wedding receptions, and a very popular course itself. Closed in November of 2015 amidst a couples wedding plans, with questionable reasoning. they ended up stealing the £2000 deposit, which leaves the closure of this site in some mystery

Pictures
Seemed quite welcoming back in the day
3792_Picture-522.jpg

However, being almost opposite a secondary school, this site got destroyed and constantly re-sealed, to the point where they installed thick metal fences on the inside of the building, as well and bricking some entrances up.

KsCZhS5.jpg

LcQ3vvs.jpg

iKaPE3o.jpg

JUiEept.jpg

VjOz376.jpg

bnQSnKy.jpg

8JLBygk.jpg

6UPzYit.jpg

PKnVEJb.jpg

KYSvWdL.jpg

ImUUoCL.jpg

AbqHQx2.jpg

bJ3AelC.jpg

SYqzJO7.jpg

x0jgENg.jpg

7xDvX0Q.jpg

GqDN46f.jpg

Nqaldhs.jpg

rOBEkFB.jpg

the_enigma

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Interesting to see a golf club gone to wrack and ruin. Surprised nobody has taken that over. Thanks for the photos, shame about the condition.

pigeonboy

Be gentle
28DL Full Member
After they recieved a large deposit for the wedding too theres no way they could have ran out of funding, definately a weird case. Is not the most interesting of sites but seeing its rare that golf courses go under i thought it was worth a share

Paulct

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
After they recieved a large deposit for the wedding too theres no way they could have ran out of funding, definately a weird case. Is not the most interesting of sites but seeing its rare that golf courses go under i thought it was worth a share
It's been sold for housing saw it in the local paper.