real time web analytics
Report - - Chesterfield hotel, Chesterfield, October 2020 (pic heavy) | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chesterfield hotel, Chesterfield, October 2020 (pic heavy)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Spida

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Welcome to the Chesterfield hotel.

The Chesterfield Hotel, formerly the Station Hotel, opened in 1877 and closed in 2015 after the previous company which owned it went bust.

Prestige bought the hotel for £900,000 in April 2017 and is understood to have spent up to £300,000 on repair and refurbishment work. Sadly refurbishment cost's are way too high for the company and abandoned the idea of doing it up. It was being marketed as a former 73-bedroom hotel with “extensive function and leisure facilities”, including a swimming pool and gym, large car park and “development potential”, with a guide price of £1.25 million. sadly no takers yet and plans are to either turn it into student accommodation or to knock it down by the council.

The explore

When i visited this place it was at the start of the tour bus, sadly many folk has been here since and has been shared alot. I heard the police and security are visiting this place alot now so guess it's sealed up again. I bumped into a few fellow urban explorer's while i was in there but we kept out of each other's way but had a few chats here and there. They did say they was on this site so maybe they'll see this and chip in because i know that they was going around taking pictures.

so here's a picture from the car park

so from my entry point i made my way to where the reception area is and noticed this on the floor

and this on the wall

pic from just behind the reception

where the keys was kept

a back office

a couple of signs that i saw while i was walking around

In one of the rooms where there is a bar area there's this sweet looking piano and fireplace

here's some from the bar area

just off from the bar, you got the kitchen's

i also saw this meeting room

I then went up the stairs and had a wonder, most landings was nice and clear but there are a couple with rubble on them

Just a random door number

I didn't go into all the rooms as they was getting boring as they looked similar. Most still had stuff in them like the tv, kettle, iron, fridge, plus the furniture.
here's just a few of the rooms

As i was on my way out i bumped into the other UE's and they reminded me to check out the swimming pool and gym that i forgot about

Sorry for the bad quality pics, it was pitch black in the gym bit. i did have the light on my phone plus a torch. I am looking into getting this sorted for future trips.

Thanks for looking

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Nice report, good history & coverage. Cant believe all that gym equipment left behind, what a waste. Donate it to youth clubs or something.

grantellissheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I see things have started getting moved around, the piano was over by the window when I went a start of the month, this bloody statue made me jump in the pitch black cellar

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201025_154710.jpg
    Screenshot_20201025_154710.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 26

Misfitsexplore2012

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Sorry if stupid question, when did you go? All my close explors have been knocked down so going to start travel more to find awesome ones likes this. Great post by the way!!

danensis

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I understand that at one stage HS2 was going to go straight through there, and the owners thought they would get more in compensation than they would from doing it up.

Hezlou

28DL Member
28DL Member
I live not far from here, police and security here most days recently, i noticed a few days ago the entry point I accessed now has an extra fence over it so it’s likely it’s no longer accessible. Someone posted on social media they got sealed in by security last week.

grantellissheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Think you will find I didn't sell anything they were my pics somebody linked to a local page and they picked up on it from that and found out I had video also, I never ran to them and sold it I got bugger a and i wouldn't want anything either not hard up for what £10-15 there was a reason I let them use them free of charge, firstly it's secured now with security and dog and started to remove items ready for the demolition around the 16th of November to begin. also it was to stop a said person running to them and selling like he always does to make a few quid one we know all too well.. now pigeon arms won't get his pocket money..

grantellissheffield

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I live not far from here, police and security here most days recently, i noticed a few days ago the entry point I accessed now has an extra fence over it so it’s likely it’s no longer accessible. Someone posted on social media they got sealed in by security last week.
It's coming down in next few weeks, removing items ready for strip out to start them demolition..

Who has read this thread (Total: 505) View details