real time web analytics
Report - - Child Snatcher + Meltham May 2022 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Child Snatcher + Meltham May 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
After doing the culvert yarn spinner i was impressed enough to come back to Meltham to tackle something else , I also wanted to check out a possible culvert that i had seen on maps as well . Very nice little place this so it was as much an excuse to have a ride up on the motorbike as well, The main culvert is across from a supermarket so i was up early doors before it got busy

picturesque start point you could see from one end to the other

nice stone arch no stooping but rocky underfoot

first section done short but sweet lovely stone arched bridge turning around then moving upstream

inside the start of the second culvert

looking downstream then looking up

around the bend

went a bit further up but it was like this to the end and there was a duck with her chicks so left them in peace , climbing out at the middle section i was back on the bike and rode down to were a lane runs down at the side of Coniston road just before Royd road i had seen on maps the blue water line disappearing and wondered if there might be a culvert ?

view from the bridge were i had parked up looked promising quite a climb down to the stream

once down to the stream there was a deep bit then up on to a ledge got kitted up here

view upstream could stand up ( just )

the culvert increased in size towards the end old pipes littered around

there must have been a mill or factory above ground at one point , about turn and back out the way i came in

and back out to the start always nice to find something new enjoyed this one ! Quick coffee stop then the ride home cheers for viewing :thumb

Last edited: