real time web analytics
Report - - Chiropractor, Huddersfield, April 2022 | UK Draining Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Chiropractor, Huddersfield, April 2022

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Been meaning to get this finished of for a while now having done the middle and top sections ( Grimescar dyke and Norman park ) the bottom section was on my to do list . Gaining access at the outflow of the middle section which turned out to be a bit of a mistake as it gave me a long river walk before the next section was reached a few bits of interest on the walk down

2 x RCP there a square at the infall end :) moving on i next came to a mini culvert

after a time and having ripped my waders on a thorn bush the start point arrived

there was a deep bit just before this and quite a bit of vegetation my waders had sprung a leak on the thorns :eek:

then looking back upstream

change in styles here to blockwork then concrete box section at least it wasnt stoopy

looking back upstream then next pic looking forward

nice change from the concrete an underground old bridge

some metal work been added here for extra strength

stone floor and sides then brick arched roof clearly a latter addition next pic start of the stoopy bit had to crawl through this on all fours

view upstream now past the crawling section at least it was clean then looking downstream

a good height this no bending at all

the floor in this next section changed to brickwork

a bit blurry this pic but the floor changed to concrete

side pipe coming in then looking back upstream

exit in sight the roof height decreased here

exit point but no way out here had to keep walking downstream through quite a deep bit of water which i could feel running down my leg as a result of my punctured waders lol

after a short walk i started the last section stone sides and a 10ft high concrete roof

only short this last section

last pic the water runs down the cobbled floor to a sump that must take it under the canal as thats what is at the other side of the wall a handy ladder to the left made easy work of escaping just need to find where this exits in to the river Colne now :hmm thanks for viewing :thumb

Last edited:

NuBoid

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice one jezzyboo pics look good
That's determination for ya !!!! crawling on all fours ...........I take it you left the drain trolley at home ??
Had to do it,once to get inside a disused treatment works, only to find that someone had nibbled a hole in the steel fence just around the corner....... DOH !!!!!! :eek
New wadorz ?? or will they patch up ??

jezzyboo

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Nice one jezzyboo pics look good
That's determination for ya !!!! crawling on all fours ...........I take it you left the drain trolley at home ??
Had to do it,once to get inside a disused treatment works, only to find that someone had nibbled a hole in the steel fence just around the corner....... DOH !!!!!! :eek
New wadorz ?? or will they patch up ??
me being a tight arse i have been out with the puncture repair kit from my bike lol have seen some new ones on amazon might treat myself

Who has read this thread (Total: 197) View details