real time web analytics
Information - - Cinemas and Theatres in need of Exploration | Theatres and Cinemas | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Cinemas and Theatres in need of Exploration

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Monkey

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Them tunnels will be around for years to come. The cinemas, not so.

Absolutely, it's a shame there's not more explorers in London that enjoy abandoned buildings. I imagine there's a shit ton that has been missed here.

Personally I find them boring so tend to stay away from them.

Also, I wasn't just talking about tunnels.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User

22559998340_66d6d4c3c0_b.jpg

Right, here's an update, another fail! This is all that's left of the Watford one I mentioned in my first post. Big hole in the side and pretty stripped yet clearly quite good a few months ago.

I also checked out the Savoy in Burnt Oak, The Walthamstow EMD and the Regal in Highams Park. All three look fucking ripe for it but they are only going to get done if you go try! Even tho I didn't get in any of them on this occasion it was still good fun trying. Want a good evening exploring in London? Check out this list!

Last edited:

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
What's the Highams Park Regal looking like? Does it look like conversion is going ahead? Been a while since I've had the chance to check the area.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
It looks positively derelict. Lots of opportunities to get round the side unseen too if you hop the holding but I didn't have time unfortunately. Pop up one evening and check it out.

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm pretty new to the idea of exploring cinemas, as you can probably tell from my reports I'm mainly into Industrial sites...

I've been swayed to look into cinemas a little more though now having enjoyed a certain Pontefract cinema and the Palladium in Durham.

Just thought I'd leave this link here, not sure if people have used these before or not, but the old Gaumont Kalee year books are pretty useful. You've got a full directory of cinema's that where open at the time of publishing as well as a pretty useful guide to IDing any equipment you might find on an explore. I find them pretty interesting and useful anyway, bought myself the 1949 edition off ebay but they're free to access online... Just thought it might bring up a few leads, if not, they're an interesting read anyway...

https://archive.org/details/kinematographyea1954odha

KronJewels

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Checked out The Savoy Burnt Oak again - there is a security guard, and there were some other people there who told me they bought it and are going to turn it into a mosque. Wouldn't let me in though :(

Chickadea

Lancashire bird
28DL Full Member
Anyone attempted the old picture theatre/ cabaret place in Blackpool town centre? Always been intrigued by that place.

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Kenning Hall cinema:

24023095133_71144b5bbc_c.jpg

24016829113_0aee0ff5db_c.jpg

24348092200_b15d450f29_c.jpg

Stripped and ruined, then sat derelict again. Could probably have got the camera out and had a better look around but was really disappointing so gave up and went to the next one.​

Mini nut

My local and favourite, gone.
Banned
It's possible somthing is happening with the place now. Should have asked them maybe.. Wouldn't be surprised is a happy clappy lot get in there. It's listed so won't be demod easily.
Don`t be so sure, god knows how many times I`ve heard or read the words " DE-listed-and-DE-molished". Too many, that`s for sure.

KronJewels

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hammersmith Cineworld closed in April; due for demolition at some point.

Will try and check it out but if someone wants to get there first, be my guest!

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
I wondered what was going on there now. We must have done them all in Bristol now?

Technically the Gaumont on Baldwin Street remains. This has been various night clubs and was last a sports cafe but wouldn't surprise me if it had some gems left up top. It's always been well sealed due to it being in the centre.

It's only a matter of time before the Odeon by Bridewell Island goes. That again must have all sorts of hidden ceeling goodies.

Who has read this thread (Total: 452) View details