real time web analytics
Information - - Cinemas and Theatres in need of Exploration | Theatres and Cinemas | Page 4 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Cinemas and Theatres in need of Exploration

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

tumbles

Drama Queen
Staff member
Also when driving through, noticed one maybe two in Birkenhead. One was a Rileys snooker bar that's recently closed.

Mini nut

My local and favourite, gone.
Banned
Checked out The Savoy Burnt Oak again - there is a security guard, and there were some other people there who told me they bought it and are going to turn it into a mosque. Wouldn't let me in though :(
Good god, they turned the Clifton great Barr into an Asian Banqueting place and until this one that was the only time I`d sooner see a cinema derelict or gone. The ultimate insult.

Speed

Got Epic?
Regular User
Theres a few banqueting suits around here. Asians do like a banquet! Better fate than a happy clappy church!

Yorrick

A fellow of infinite jest
28DL Full Member
they turned the Clifton great Barr into an Asian Banqueting place

Yes. Someone had the imagination and money to convert it into a financially viable leisure use that the local community actually want and will support, rather than some pie in the sky "donate so I can restore this into my art venue"

I`d sooner see a cinema derelict or gone. The ultimate insult.

Before I jump to any conclusions as to why you might think that, can you explain why?

Mini nut

Banned
Yes. Someone had the imagination and money to convert it into a financially viable leisure use that the local community actually want and will support, rather than some pie in the sky "donate so I can restore this into my art venue"

Before I jump to any conclusions as to why you might think that, can you explain why?
If You lived round here and were sick of being the only English speaker in sight maybe you`d think the same. I won`t elaborate as things could get involved and heated which I don`t want. I am not ashamed of my views, it`s my parents generation I feel for, they go through a bloody useless and unnecessary war and then what happens....................?

Explorebmw

28DL Member
28DL Member
Hi im a newbie and am really looking to start exploring and some to do it with as my friends are to worried i want to do this to get some pictures And hope anyone could help in anyway

Mini nut

Banned
Hi im a newbie and am really looking to start exploring and some to do it with as my friends are to worried i want to do this to get some pictures And hope anyone could help in anyway
Fancy a trip to Aylesbury ODEON before it comes down? I haven`t anyone to go with and am advised that going alone is potentially dangerous.

Special Brew

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just had a look through that Cinematreasures list and it doesnt have the largest/oldest and currently used cinema in my town.... so while its extensive, its by no means a complete database.

EDIT: I was wrong they do have it but it doesn't show up when I search the town name.... weird.

stranton

subterranean explorer
Regular User
Newcastle odeon being demo'd soon may finally be doable,
they wont be saving the facade. :(

crazyjonhere

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Keep your eyes peeled Bournemouth’s ABC Cinema & Odeon will be closing in the next few weeks of the new year both buildings have been sold to developer Libra Homes.

Who has read this thread (Total: 452) View details