real time web analytics
Circuit de reims-Gueux August 2018 | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Circuit de reims-Gueux August 2018

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Nismo

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
While on holiday at Disneyland Paris with the family in August last year, I decided to take a drive over to Circuit de reims-Gueux.

The buildings are mostly stripped out so there is not much to see

History from wikipedia

The circuit Reims-Gueux was a Grand Prix motor racing road course, located in Gueux, 7.5 km west of Reims in the Champagne region of north-eastern France, established in 1926 as the second venue of the Grand Prix de la Marne.[1][2] The triangular layout of public roads formed three sectors between the villages of Thillois and Gueux over the La Garenne / Gueux intersection of Route nationale 31. The circuit became known to be among the fastest of the era for its two long straights (approximately 2.2 km in length each) allowing maximum straight-line speed

The last year for Formula One at Reims came in 1966, final sports car competitions were held in 1969 and Motorcycle racing continued for another 3 years. In 1972, Reims-Gueux closed permanently due to financial difficulties. There was to be a historic race held in 1997 but it was cancelled for technical reasons several months before it was due to take place and by 2002, the bulldozers arrived to demolish some portions of the track. A few sections of the old circuit are still visible today around the pit lane, at the D26 / D27 round-about and a part of the D26 extension at the Hovette corner to what once was the 1953 Muizon hair-pin

Photos taken on my iphone so their not the best, this is my first thread so apologies for any mistakes
i will try harder next time

IMG_4498.JPG

IMG_4459.JPG

IMG_4462.JPG

IMG_4490.JPG

IMG_4492.JPG

IMG_4496.JPG

IMG_4458.JPG

IMG_4494.JPG

IMG_4488.JPG

Last edited:

gingerspeedfreak

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice report. Came through there on a family holiday many years ago, so nice to see some recent pictures of it.

scamb66

28DL Member
28DL Member
This place was set for demolition but thankfully was saved by a local group. Would have been a shame to have seen it gone. I went through in October 2019 and its an easy place to access as the road goes straight through it. The grandstand area is fenced off but if you jump up on the front wall at the end of the grandstand the fence there has been pushed over, so you can just walk over it. Busy road though and you will be seen, not that it probably matters.