real time web analytics
Report - - City of Bradford Conditioning House 03/02/07 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - City of Bradford Conditioning House 03/02/07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

C

Converse1

Hi! Here's a look at the grade two listed Condtitioning House in Bradford. It was built in 1902 as a result of a special act of parliment as a scientific testing facility of the wool industry. Wool and textiles would have been brought here and tested under different enviromental conditions to determine there strength and durability. i understand that there was a moth room to check how cloth was damaged by insects :eek: and a carbon arc light room to find out how light fast textiles were :cool: . I also think that raw materials were treated here before going to the surrounding mills to be turned into cloth. But as the textile industry fell into decline in the 1980's Bradford council closed the house and it became a store for the housing trust.

The place is in really bad condition in places, the Office wing is really dodgy nearly all the floors are ready for collapsing with dry rot & wet rot. I reckon if you fell through the top floor i'm sure you'd end up in the courtyard! :eek: How a grade 2 listed building can be left to get like this is criminal :crazy

Well worth looking at though, hope you like the photos

Black and White taken on Kodak Tri-X 400 ISO
Colour Fuji Superia 200 ISO PRESS
Fuji Superia 1600 ISO

Conditioninghouse2.jpg

Conditioninghouse.jpg

1stfloorcanalrdside.jpg

2ndfloor2.jpg

tobridge.jpg

officestairs.jpg

Office.jpg

leftwingtopfloor.jpg