real time web analytics
Report - - Civil Defence Bunker Rotherham -17.04.07 | Underground Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Civil Defence Bunker Rotherham -17.04.07

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

sixxfingers

Original Member
28DL Full Member
Well... a bit speechless really

What an amazing find, and a massive thanks to Dweeb for showing us it last night ;)
Its like a little piece of untouched history and I cannot believe for one minute that Subbrit knew what exactly they have missed... There is so, so much stuff down there, just left from when the place shut its doors.

Subbrit Link:
Rotherham County Borough Control – Subterranea Britannica

The other thing I can't get my head round, is its in the middle of a fucking rough estate... you cant believe some idiot hasn't torched the place - glad they haven't... and if you can, visit this place as soon as possible! Its not the best place to photograph... but for an explore and to get your hands on real history - a must!!!

A bit of history:
The bunker was built about 1954 and although, in theory, it should have been available for use until the end of the cold war, in practice it has not been used since the disbanding of the Civil Defence Corps in 1968 and all the papers and files predate this. The bunker was supposed to have been kept on 'care and maintenance' but as the 'left wing' council saw no need for civil defence it was left to rot, hence its poor internal condition. There is a small lattice communications mast alongside with two UHF aerials. The site is due to be redeveloped for housing within the next two years and the bunker will be demolished at this time.

With the bunker shortly being demolished :mad: We have saved some nice stuff and once cleaned... will put the images up later :thumb

A few of my images from last night... enjoy.

WarBunker8.jpg

WarBunker7.jpg

WarBunker6.jpg

WarBunker5.jpg

WarBunker4.jpg

WarBunker3.jpg

WarBunker2.jpg

WarBunker1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

MADMAX

28DL Full Member
Re: Civil Defence Bunker Rotherham - REPORT 17.04.07

Another quality night in the company of Turkey, Dweeb and OT and thanks again to Dweeb for showing us round
As Sixx has already said, it's just unbelievable that this place hasn't been torched and that there's still so much gear in it.
Anyway, here’s a few of my snaps from last night.

sP4171734.jpg

P4171748.jpg

P4171758.jpg

P4171747.jpg

P4171762.jpg

P4171778.jpg