real time web analytics
Report - - Clare Tooling Manchester - May 2012 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Clare Tooling Manchester - May 2012

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Camera Shy

Old enough to know better
Regular User
Been as i had to travel into Manchester centre i thought i would go back to where it all began for me.

This place was my first explore back in November last year, i only looked at the first floor which was/is admittedly shit.

So with a new camera in hand i thought i would go back to see the parts i had missed first time around, i knew in advance this place is derp central but had a few ledgers, paperwork and a few machine left up top so it was an opportunity to play with the new camera.

It’s certainly not great, and i wouldn’t of bothered unless i was travelling past but still good to get out and see how my shots have improved since i first ventured into here.

This building was occupied last by Clare Tooling System's, the building was also known as Excelsior Printing and Book Binding works
History on the the mill is hard to come by but it opened in 1870 by a Mr John Heywood and could employ up to 750 people as a book binding business.
More recent workings were Clare Tooling which dates back about 75 years, there is also evidence of textile works and storage.

Pictures......

Claretooling-6r.jpg

Claretoolingr.jpg

Claretooling-2r.jpg

Claretooling-5r.jpg
Claretooling-7r.jpg

Claretooling-9r.jpg
Claretooling-11r.jpg

Claretooling-10r.jpg
Claretooling-13r.jpg

Claretooling-8r.jpg

Claretooling-15r.jpg

Claretooling-14r.jpg
Claretooling-16r.jpg

Claretooling-18r.jpg

Claretooling-20r.jpg

Claretooling-17r.jpg

Cheers for looking :thumb

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ohh crumbs, me n will knot went there a few months ago, 100% homeless activities inside :eek:

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details