Analytics
Report - - Claremont House nr Loxley | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Claremont House nr Loxley

LumixLunacy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
THE HISTORY

Previously explored by many others so;

Claremont House is a large, stone built former dwelling and outbuildings, standing in grounds of approximately 1.4 hectares of land.

The building was last used as a social club for employees of the nearby Hepworths Refractories, but has been vacant for many years.
Up the stairs into the ruined outbuilding.

The floors and roof have collapsed. Shame, as there was what looks quite a promising kitchen on the other side of this.

THE EXPLORE
I came to look at the main Hepworth refractories site but parked near here.
Saw there was access and went for a quick mooch round.

THE PHOTOS
A clever person would have put the main front of house photo on first, but I'm not that clever (ITS PHOTO 9)

Last edited by a moderator:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
This is really derped. I like the look of the frontage. Its great you are contributing. This being only your 2nd thread. But some written history would still be nice to see, and maybe some old pics if you can find them.

I have nothing against DP, but in both your threads, youve link a DP link for the history. I`d personally prefer you take some history and paste it here. Idk how others feel about it. But DP is a great site, but its not 28DL.

LumixLunacy

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Being a newbie, I grabbed history where I could.
Found place by happy accident on way to Storrs Bridge.
Did an ordnance survey search to find name and grabbed first history I could.
Makes sense as a social club for a place so big.

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Also failed to mention in title 28th May 2021 date of visit.
Thats all cool. Re date, just Month & Year is ok. We do this for protection of our selves, if something happens around the 28th lets say, for instance a fire, or theft if its got stuff in it, you dont want to be a suspect. Also it doesnt let landowners, or security know exact dates to make anything up.