real time web analytics
Report - - Clarence Graving Docks, Liverpool 19/02/10 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Clarence Graving Docks, Liverpool 19/02/10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

bernold

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is my first report, and im new to photography, so any tips would be appreciated! ;)

The docks were first opened on 16th september 1830, and was named after William, Duke of Clarence.
It was then filled in in 1929, although the graving docks were left untouched, and on the site a power station was built. The power station was used until it was demolished in the mid 1990s.

Clarence Dock was also situated along the Liverpool overhead railway, and had its own train station. This station and the line was completely removed in 1957 after it was deemed unsafe, and too costly to repair. Remains of the staircase can be seen on the wall for the dock.

The graving yard was still used by Northwestern Shiprepairers and Shipbuilders, until november 2005(?), when activity there stopped. (Unconfirmed, just assume so from pictures below. I had a hard time finding anything about why it closed.)

I've been told that Peel holdings are planning a renovation of Clarence dock and some of the surrounding docks, but it seems unlikely.

Explored on my own.

Now:
IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

Inside the 'Office' was a series of electrical circuits, with the electric meter still ticking away, someone must still be paying..
IMG_0609.jpg

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0596.jpg

The docks were completely flooded, and so were the stairs leading down to dock floors.
IMG_0668.jpg

View attachment 182007

I tried to gain access to the main warehouse, but the entrance was flooded.
IMG_0690.jpg

Round the back was this device, some sort engine with a pulley system on.
IMG_0674.jpg

View towards the canteen and medical room, from the front of the warehouse.
IMG_0691.jpg

The canteen still had many items left behind..
IMG_0739.jpg

Presumably the last time anyone worked here:
IMG_0713.jpg

Milk, anyone? :p
IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0720.jpg

Up the stairs from the canteen was toilets, a medical room, and some other room, which had been totally vandalised.
IMG_0760.jpg

Someone else had left a message
IMG_0756.jpg

When I was leaving, the sun came out, this is looking back over the dock towards the tobacco warehouses
IMG_0773-2.gif

IMG_0766.jpg

(Sorry for the jagged edges on some of the pics, my resizing wasnt the best).

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details