real time web analytics
Report - - Clay Cross Junior School, Derbyshire – August 2021 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Clay Cross Junior School, Derbyshire – August 2021

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MotionlessMike

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Clay Cross Junior School was built in 1894 and was in use up until April 2009 when it was vacated due to the local infant and junior schools merging and moving to Sharley Park Community Primary School. The current plan for the site is demolition followed by construction of ‘environmentally friendly housing’ which will form part of a wider development after Clay Cross received £24.1 million from the government via its Towns Fund.

Being a standard, functional, Victorian design it follows the same pattern as other junior or primary schools of a similar age; a large multi-functional hall / gym / dining room with several classrooms sprouting off from the sides.

Hall

Classrooms

Other bits

Caretakers room

Tiny medical bed!

Demolition was due to begin in August, but no work had begun last time I drove through Clay Cross in early October, so it may still be there should anyone local wish to have a look.​

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Lovely old school. Very traditional. Shame most schools nowadays are mostly glass & steel and look rather correctional facility worthy. Some really nice reminders there. Also lovely peel & decay. .

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nice that mate. And as said above that main hall is the spitting image of pegy Davis, just not as much pigeon shit :thumb

harlzter

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Work is due to start imminently so anyone wanting a mooch needs to do it soon as they have started preps for the demo in the fact they have made access to the grounds for construction equipment by the looks of it when I passed today.

Wally_urbex

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Work is due to start imminently so anyone wanting a mooch needs to do it soon as they have started preps for the demo in the fact they have made access to the grounds for construction equipment by the looks of it when I passed today.
Can't see much being done this side of Christmas

Who has read this thread (Total: 300) View details