real time web analytics
Report - - Claypot mine, Loxley woods, Sheffield, South Yorks, November 2020 | Underground Sites | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Claypot mine, Loxley woods, Sheffield, South Yorks, November 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

pirate

Rum Swigger
28DL Full Member
So is there any way over the collapse or past the sketchy bit with falling props /roof ? All the photos of the collapse are taken from distance

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
So is there any way over the collapse or past the sketchy bit with falling props /roof ? All the photos of the collapse are taken from distance

You can squeeze past the collapses in the wagon adit if you are feeling brave....

Xan_Asmodi

Cave Monster
28DL Full Member
This looks gorgeous! Nicely captured by both of you! I'll have to have a look at this my self at some point!

waveydave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Thanks for the acknowledgement @HughieD .Nice to see my hunch was correct. All we need now is a non local psycho with a hacksaw to dispose of the gate. Nice stuff sir.

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Excellant report, enjoyed that and great to see a new section of the mine uncovered. Time for a revisit now!

Great to see the other mine at Dysons too, I'd read about that one in a book I've got covering all tge local Sheffield Fireclay mines, wanted to check it out but never fot round to it... Shame about the sturdy gate on it, looks like a good start behind it!

Dirge the sergal

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Been meaning to get back to this place for a while. The old maps show another adit to the south connected by rails. However I havent had chance to go rooting through the undergrowth to find it yet...

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Been meaning to get back to this place for a while. The old maps show another adit to the south connected by rails. However I havent had chance to go rooting through the undergrowth to find it yet...

I'd not spotted that but you're very right. Must get back over there myself to see what's there now.

waveydave

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I too just discovered this other entrance tonight, on a map i'd not seen before. That piece of tramway makes sense now. I also noticed some tramway further upstream where that new building is. Could there be another mine there? Thanks for posting

HughieD

28DL Regular User
Regular User

I've now checked that other southerly drift entrance out and it is back-filled so no joy sadly. You can see the stone-lined walls of the mine approach though.

Who has read this thread (Total: 325) View details