real time web analytics
Report - - Clayton Hospital Morgue and other Bits, Wakefield - December 2014 | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Clayton Hospital Morgue and other Bits, Wakefield - December 2014

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Clayton Hospital Morgue and other Bits - Wakefield - December 2014

Evening all, another hospital explore from myself and Borolad, very disappointing this one though, the place is trashed... A few bits worth seeing though, the morgue been the highlight (Never thought I'd find myself saying that :crazy haha).

Anyway a little bit of info below and then I'll crack on with the pics...

Clayton Hospital was founded in 1854; an amalgamation of Wakefield General Dispensary (1787) and the Wakefield House of Recovery (1826). In 1863 Mayor Clayton financed an expansion and the institution was re-named 'The Clayton Hospital and Wakefield General Dispensary'. The site moved from Dispensary Yard to the present site in 1876 and the new building was opened in 1879.By 1948 the name was changed to Clayton Hospital and it had a capacity of 200 beds. The hospital was closed in 2012 by The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals

Right pictures it is then, we'll start in the main building...

One of the trashed wards, worth a look though, those lamps can make some pretty sexy images...

15952725676_f4f805bdfb_c.jpg

A nice looking plaque built into the wall inscription reads:

In affectionate remembrance of Colonel Milnes Gaskell of Lvpset Hall whose last wish it was to see this work done this ward for the reception of suffering children has been erected by his widow Lovisa Milnes Gaskell - AD - MDCCCC

15410683753_10b2f5dda6_c.jpg

Before moving onto the morgue one of the old X-Ray department...

15844578557_5db8a818a7_c.jpg

Now the better part of the explore... The Morgue.

15792646119_e037502aa9_c.jpg

15791265168_bc18f9b5e0_c.jpg

Fridges!

15792642969_b2a052067c_c.jpg

15843601240_493721a8c2_c.jpg

15843622310_6da34f3412_c.jpg

And finally, had to lie my tripod to rest, leg snapped off... RIP :(

15978627835_79dc7d17bd_c.jpg

Cheers for looking guys, hope you enjoyed the pics :thumb

slayaaaa

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Clayton Hospital Morgue and other Bits - Wakefield - December 2014

Like seeing this place the morgue looks great, but definitely has taken a beating haha. Nice pictures mate! RIP tripod :)

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Cheers fella! :)

Morgue's worth a look, not sure about the rest though!

Heroic J

All for one
28DL Full Member

This is gonna sound like a very nooby question, but what's the whole fascination with hospital morgues?

urblex

28DL Maverick
28DL Full Member

Surprised the lamps still have bulbs in, you've captured the morgue well considering how small it is, thanks for posting :thumb

Bigian88

The Massive Mancunian
28DL Full Member

This is gonna sound like a very nooby question, but what's the whole fascination with hospital morgues?

For me, it's a place where the living don't generally reside. It's a morbid fascination with the knowledge that a lot of deceased people have been in the same room - not to mention for people who believe in the paranormal, they always have an odd aura around them.

anubis

28" Member
28DL Full Member

mint shot image 1 mate

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member

Awesome once again. That first shot... :thumbs

Heroic J

All for one
28DL Full Member

For me, it's a place where the living don't generally reside. It's a morbid fascination with the knowledge that a lot of deceased people have been in the same room - not to mention for people who believe in the paranormal, they always have an odd aura around them.

Uh huh. So you're saying that ghost hunters have a weird feeling as if they're with the dead who were in the same room at one point? Huh.

Bugsuperstar

Irresponsible & Reckless
Regular User

not to mention for people who believe in the paranormal, they always have an odd aura around them.

That's a load of shit. It's just another room. The reason some people might feel that way is probably because they know what it used to be. Imagination does the rest. Just ask one of those fake psychics from most haunted.

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Cheers all, glad the first shot is getting some love, really pleased with it! Got some film from here waiting to be developed too :)

That's a load of shit. It's just another room. The reason some people might feel that way is probably because they know what it used to be. Imagination does the rest. Just ask one of those fake psychics from most haunted.

Couldn't agree more, I've been in quite a few 'haunted' locations now and never seen a thing. Why do I find abandoned morgues interesting? Probably just because I'm a little bit weird... :P

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Very nice set of shots here mate, I had heard that this place was totally sealed up not, this would appear to not be the case then!

The Amateur Wanderer

28DL Regular User
Regular User

Very nice set of shots here mate, I had heard that this place was totally sealed up not, this would appear to not be the case then!

Could be once again now mate, I think we just got lucky, looked like local pikeys or chavs had been smashing the place up not long before we went in...

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Apparently its all breezed blocked up, which is surely more of a challenge for the land pirates.