real time web analytics
Report - - Clayton Hospital, Wakefield - May 2014. | Asylums and Hospitals | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Clayton Hospital, Wakefield - May 2014.

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Visited with Acid Reflux, thanks Acid for showing me round :thumb

The place is pretty trashed and bare tbh.

I can honestly say that I've never seen so much drug paraphernalia in one site, however We had a totally chilled explore without bumping into anyone.

Clayton Hospital is named after Thomas Clayton, a mayor of Wakefield and was founded in 1854. It was an amalgamation of Wakefield General Dispensary, founded in 1787, and the Wakefield House of Recovery, founded in 1826. Wakefield General Dispensary was for out-patients and the Wakefield House of Recovery was for poor in-patients suffering from infectious diseases.
In 1852 the Wakefield Union Workhouse was completed and its hospital wards accomodated pauper invalids and fever cases, so that the House of Recovery was closed in 1854. In 1863 Mayor Clayton financed an expansion and the institution was re-named 'The Clayton Hospital and Wakefield General Dispensary'. The site moved from Dispensary Yard to the present site in 1876 and the new building was opened in 1879.By 1948 the name was changed to Clayton Hospital and it had a capacity of 200 beds.
It has been boarded up since it was closed in 2012 by The Mid Yorkshire Hospitals NHS Trust.

_DSC0373_zpsa069cc18.gif

View attachment 600207

View attachment 600208

View attachment 600209

View attachment 600210

View attachment 600211

View attachment 600212

View attachment 600213

View attachment 600214

View attachment 600215

Thanks for looking Telf.

Will Knot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Re: Clayton Hospital, Wakefield, May 2014.

Nice pics there mate, looks a decent stroll :thumb

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Nice ones mate :thumb

Nice to meet up again Telf, and a relaxed mooch indeed .........Er just don"t mention the bags of "Crack" :eek: the look on your face was priceless :D

Anyway you"ve made it look quite nice mate considering the carnage inside there :)

Any pics from your squeeze up the Tower ?

Telf

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Nice ones mate :thumb

Nice to meet up again Telf, and a relaxed mooch indeed .........Er just don"t mention the bags of "Crack" :eek: the look on your face was priceless :D

Anyway you"ve made it look quite nice mate considering the carnage inside there :)

Any pics from your squeeze up the Tower ?

Cheers lads, the ones from the tower didn't come out too well.

ZerO81

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Some nice shots there mate.

From the outside it looks like a classic old hospital, sadly it looks rather modern on the inside.

Hydro

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Just a warning to all those whom attempt this place.

1) Look out for needles!
2) There is a Polish guy living in there, hes creepy but sound enough
3) Large Police activity in the area

Watch out!

Vixxie

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Looks great! thanks for sharing.

ACID- REFLUX

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member

Lots of Police activity ? I was flying my quadcopter round there the other week at lunch time when a bloke pulls up in a white van Rigs his Stihl Saw up and proceeds to cut all the handrails up in full view of everyone and a Police officer that pulled up opposite his van .
The officer looked at me carrying my big flight case and I pointed at the bloke in full view of everyone passing by, and the Copper just shrugged her shoulders and drove off

That's how bothered the Police are WTF?

Drug stuff seems to be contained in a few sections /rooms only and a lot is old stuff along with the rooms full of food and Human waste :eek: although we did find some bags of "Crack" in the new shooting gallery :)

As with all places be aware and look where you step/sit/grab

The_Raw

Staff member
Love the exterior shot especially, shame it's so fucked and skanky inside but hey ho :thumb

Rik UE

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I like this, looks worth an explore, nice photographs, the exterior shot does make it look grander than the inside unfortunately.

Nice stair shot as well.

Who has read this thread (Total: 6) View details