real time web analytics
Report - - Cligga Head Mine, Perrenporth 15/02/10 | Mines and Quarries | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cligga Head Mine, Perrenporth 15/02/10

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Rookinella

I should have danced all night
28DL Full Member
Visited with Speed and Rigsby.

Well! This was a bastard to find but funnily enough, the searching was just as fun as the mine itself. We'd all only had about five hours sleep in the car the night before and had been up since 6am. But nevertheless, we leapt out the car Famous Five style and jumped around the Cornish cliffs making seagull noises and generally acting our shoe size. The sun was shining but it was hailing at the same time which made aimless wandering down the steep pathways very interesting indeed. I was suffering one of my yearly bouts of vertigo so keeping my head still but my body moving made the trip even more of a challenge. Note to self: Pack portable blood pressure monitor.

After a call to OT, we started heading more in the right direction, stopping occasionally to throw big stones down the cliff face and jump on mole hills. All good stuff ;) It was very wet inside the mine and since none of us had really packed sensible clothing, we couldn't make it all the way in.

A very enjoyable trip with some stunning scenery:thumb

DSC_0719-1.jpg

DSC_0723-2.jpg

DSC_0711.jpg

DSC_0713.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

DSC_0715.jpg

DSC_0716.jpg

DSC_0717.jpg

DSC_0718-1.jpg

DSC_0720.jpg

DSC_0721.jpg

DSC_0724-1.jpg

Raddog

28DL Full Member
Re: Cliggerhead Mine, Perrenporth 15/02/10

Great that you got to see here, it's one of the best mines down there for sure, and that access is definately not one for a day when your not 100%

There's so much to see in there, I'm not sure we saw all of it, definately another trip this summer

Oh yeah, and were you lighting those with my tesco torch ;)

Rookinella

28DL Full Member
Ahh Cligga Head! I've changed the title, I was just going by Speed's list so he's definitely to blame:)

Oh my god!! I must be the notorious torch thief! These were done with a smaller tesco torch I think....which wasn't mine either :confused

rigsby

Chatbox Mong
28DL Full Member
You allway forget to bring a torch but funny how you allways remember to bring that bloody bright red coat lol

Rookinella

28DL Full Member
I haven't got anything of yours!! In fact, I've entrusted you with my wellies and the Top Gear Top Trumps :eek:

F

Farnboroughflunky

Excellent photo's!

Although the framing makes it look like you were carrying out a Planetary Colonoscopy....

Rookinella

28DL Full Member
Well we went in a hole at the top of the cliff as well so you could say we had a bit of a spit roast going on.

God how cool would it be to explore the human body!!? :(

Pasty

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Cligga is ok for a mooch about, there is also another section further around the corner which you have to absail into from the top cliff which isnt often visited.
There are much better mines about though.... including plenty of unexplored ones!
:popcorn