real time web analytics
Report - - Cligga Head Tin Mine, Perranporth, Cornwall, Dec 2011 | Mines and Quarries | Page 2 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cligga Head Tin Mine, Perranporth, Cornwall, Dec 2011

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

MrMax

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Good stuff, bonkers how alot of those internal shots could be any way up!

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
Fantastic looking mine, now just need an excuse to head down that way :rolleyes: I wonder where the family holiday could be going this year :)

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
May have to make it next year then; from what I gather there is also a few more mines in the area so once the windbreak and buckets and spades are out I should be able to disapear for an hour or 2 :)

Collingwood

The quiet one..
28DL Full Member
May have to make it next year then; from what I gather there is also a few more mines in the area so once the windbreak and buckets and spades are out I should be able to disapear for an hour or 2 :)

May take a bit longer than that fella, we were in there for 6 hrs and could have spent a lot longer...
You need to allow a good 15/20 mins each way to get up and down the cliff aswell!

C.

The Lone Ranger

Safety is paramount!
Staff member
May take a bit longer than that fella, we were in there for 6 hrs and could have spent a lot longer...
You need to allow a good 15/20 mins each way to get up and down the cliff aswell!

C.

I have a dry sence of humour sometimes :D

I fully appreciate what's involved with any mine, suprised there wasn't an ice cream outside it though? After 15/20 mins descent I'd be happy for a 99.

I does look very good, I hope to hobble through some copper mines in the next few days if I can escape the family :)

paulmuppet

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
been wanting to have a nose down there for ages . didnt like the look of that path dont do heights might go for the higher way in . thanks for the post :thumb

Styru

Admin
28DL Full Member
been wanting to have a nose down there for ages . didnt like the look of that path dont do heights might go for the higher way in . thanks for the post :thumb

Well the higher ways in are even more dodgy if you don't do heights. :rolleyes:

weldybren

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
The presence of tin, iron and wolfram within the local geology provide for some spectacular colouring.
DSC_2575.jpg

Indeed! I live about 10miles away and count myself as very fortunate that pieces of the geology form my living room wall.

xmas11050adj.jpg

Some great images in your set, I really should take a look down there. :thumb

canute

货车司机和国王
28DL Full Member
That is really nice and a classy ledge too for rolling off in the middle of the night :thumb

Lectrician

LED Crazy
28DL Full Member
Had a good old mooch around here today and thought I would tag a couple shots on which differ from the others.

The wind was something else, and trecking down to the mid-level access was certainly a challenge!

I am aching from the miles of walking!

1330891034.jpg

1330891018.jpg

1330890994.jpg

1330890988.jpg

1330890995.jpg

1330891000.jpg

1330891004.jpg

1330891007.jpg

1330891009.jpg

1330891011.jpg

1330891021.jpg