real time web analytics
Report - - Climbable Cranes in Winchester | High Stuff | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Climbable Cranes in Winchester

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

knuxxed

Hibnotic
28DL Full Member
Sup everyone,
I'm new here so I hope I'm not posting in the wrong categories, but here goes.
I have been scouring Winchester recently and have found numerous crane climbs that you can take a punt at.

Climb 1:
If you have been in or around Winchester, you will know of the big Tesco in Winnal. Along with Tesco there are many other stores like Halfords and Currys/PC World. You can walk/drive down a road beside the Currys that takes you to an industrial estate. The crane should be visible before you go into the depths of the estate. My first attempt resulted in getting halfway up the crane with it being locked and anti-climb mesh round the side... :(

Warnings: Lorry drives may pop in for a good nights sleep so keep a low profile, Chance of crane being locked
Risk Level: 4/10

Climb 2:
Ok, if you don't mind being quite visible, this is worth it. As you go into Winchester through Bar End Road, you can see a retiring home construction site. Theses cranes get the best view of Winchester than any of the other climbs.

Warnings: There is a pub and a heck tone of houses nearby so you are at risk. If you're going to attempt this, choose your timings wisely
Risk Level: 7.5/10

Climb 3:
Personally, this one would be more worth your time that the others, simple to get to and into. Visible looking to the east from Winchester Train Station. Simple to get into the site, just a quick jump over a fence. This was my first climb, and I didn't spend too much time near the drivers box as it was a Saturday night and "Street Pastors" were out. On another night I hope to go right to the top and possibly enjoy a better view than the one near the drivers box.

Warnings: Houses almost right below you, near the train station and main road
Risk Level: 5/10

Bonus climb: - (Not attempted yet)
Ok so we're kinda branching out of Winchester but there is a crane looking over the motorway nearby. Exit from Junction 12 on the M3, and head towards Otterbourne. When I have got my new camera I will be giving this one a shot.

Warnings: Right next to a motorway
Risk Level: 4/10

All of these sites can be entered, each with their own difficulties.
If anyone nearby Winchester has, or is going to attempt these climbs, I would love to hear about it!
I will be attempting all climbs again when I have a camera that can handle low light conditions. Which brings me onto...

(Shameless Promotion) ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
I have attempted the first two climbs in one of videos, but I was using my camera badly. However the 3rd climb turned out a little better and I got some decent(ish) footage. All views, feedback and that shiz is greatly appreciated!

CLIMB WISELY FOLKS

knuxxed

Hibnotic
28DL Full Member
Update:

The crane in climb 2 is no longer there, but you can still lark around on the site