real time web analytics
Report - - clipstone colliery after the pikey invasion | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - clipstone colliery after the pikey invasion

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

twisted fish

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
okay okay need to get on the ladder so here it is, be nice now kids although pointers do help!

had a mooch over to clipstone on sunday on the way home, took a few walks round and some fiddly finger work to get in but we did

as for the history hears the obligatory Wikipedia cut because lets face it, i aint got a clue!

The colliery was sunk to exploit the Barnsley seam or “Tophardâ€￾, as it known locally. In the 1950’s the shafts were deepened to over 1000 yards (920 m) to exploit other seams.
The colliery was closed by British Coal, as the National Coal Board had become, in 1993 and reopened by RJB Mining (now UK Coal) in April 1994, the licence to dig for coal being limited to the Yard seam which is located at a depth of 957 yards (870 m). The colliery was finally closed in April 2003.

and my personal fave bit, the pics

from the outside
IMG_4610.jpg

power distrabution
IMG_4534.jpg

had to press it obvs
IMG_4523.jpg

epic old school radio!
IMG_4568.jpg

loads of little trinkets around, presuming there old oil samples
IMG_4596.jpg

note possible injuries, death? amputation!
IMG_4589.jpg

note no copper :wanker
IMG_4552.jpg

finally going up!
IMG_4421.jpg

cheers for sitting tight, was heaps more pics but aint gonna push my luck

twisted fish

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
as for the button i aint got a clue, all i know it luckily it did nothing when i pressed it :)

cheers kitty, maybe one day i too will be a junior member :)

we had to be persistent but found one loose slat that was undone (ish) we put it back after to future visits (y)

here's a few people shots
IMG_4516.jpg

IMG_4543.jpg

IMG_4494.jpg

IMG_4538.jpg

Who has read this thread (Total: 4) View details