Web
Analytics
Lead or Rumour info - - Clipstone Colliery- demolition due | Leads, Rumours and News... | 28DaysLater.co.uk
  • Welcome to 28DaysLater.co.uk - 28DL - The UK Urban Exploring / Urban Exploration / Urbex Forums.

Asylums and Hospitals, High Stuff, Industrial, Leisure Sites, Residential Sites, Military Sites, Mines and Quarries, ROC Posts, Theatres and Cinemas, Draining, Underground Sites, European and International Sites, Leads, Rumours and News, Kit, Clothing, Equipment, Photography and Video sections, plus Private & Local Groups and a lot more.

Please feel free to browse this website as a guest. However, creating an account allows you to search, post replies, start new threads, use bookmarking, live chat, messaging and notification systems. Also, it removes some ads.

Create an account | Login | Request new password

Lead or Rumour info - Clipstone Colliery- demolition due

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Not good news at all :( I'm rather surprised and disappointed that a lot of locals seem to want them pulled down
http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/E...stocks-lined/story-17072930-detail/story.html
The locals are inbred narrow minded idiots. Give me the headstocks and I'll make them make money.

Basejumping
Mining Enthusiasts
Climbing wall
Climbing school
Indoor bouldering
Outdoor centre / shop
Cafe

and that's just a few I thought of in 30 seconds.

These fuckers just want another ship shop and corner shop where the kids can hang around and piss everyone off.

crusader

28DL New Member
28DL Full Member
The locals are inbred narrow minded idiots. Give me the headstocks and I'll make them make money.

Basejumping
Mining Enthusiasts
Climbing wall
Climbing school
Indoor bouldering
Outdoor centre / shop
Cafe

and that's just a few I thought of in 30 seconds.

These fuckers just want another ship shop and corner shop where the kids can hang around and piss everyone off.
Well, me and a friend were Clipstone reconning the Colliery not long ago, and I was considering having a chat with the locals and seeing what they thought of the place.

To be honest, I'd be totally in favour of renovating as opposed to demolishing the site, but I guess it must be difficult to do in this economic climate. In fairness, some of the locals in the article suggested a memorial or something to commemorate the site, but to me that would still not be much consolation for the tragic loss of such an important historical building, that has surely been such an important focal point for the community.

rattle_snake

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
i dont really like being called a narrow minded idiot lol im local to these and would hate for them to be knocked down why cant they do what pleasley have done with there headstocks

Oxygen Thief

Admin
Staff member
Admin
The people that want them down are the narrow minded idiots.

They haven't got a chance while that bitch of a councillor is the voice of the people. She wants them down. She represents the community.

So, the chances are you'll get the same fate as Annesley, if you're lucky...

4505115530_b417729140_z.jpg

Picture by Thompski, who also commented "The people of Annesley can now enjoy another bland housing estate and the two headstock wheels on some girders."

Never a truer a word said.

poseiden

No Cunts Bothered
28DL Full Member
The people that want them down are the narrow minded idiots.

They haven't got a chance while that bitch of a councillor is the voice of the people. She wants them down. She represents the community.

So, the chances are you'll get the same fate as Annesley, if you're lucky...

4505115530_b417729140_z.jpg

Picture by Thompski, who also commented "The people of Annesley can now enjoy another bland housing estate and the two headstock wheels on some girders."

Never a truer a word said.
Now that is wank, how could some one destry a headstock and replace it with.......well, that shite.

poseiden

No Cunts Bothered
28DL Full Member
I enjoy Clipstone, seeing the headstocks they dominate the sky line and surrounding area. Having them pulled down is a damn right rage!

dweeb

Super Moderator
Staff member
This has been going on since before I was exploring, and prob for the last ten years. The council's views are that they are a relic of a former industry that the area no longer has, and the site is a mess (which to be fair it is, due to poor security and no maintenance)

I've said for years there doomed as the people in charge there are narrow minded and cant see past their next tesco metro.

AgentSmirnoff

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well, me and a friend were Clipstone reconning the Colliery not long ago, and I was considering having a chat with the locals and seeing what they thought of the place.

To be honest, I'd be totally in favour of renovating as opposed to demolishing the site, but I guess it must be difficult to do in this economic climate. In fairness, some of the locals in the article suggested a memorial or something to commemorate the site, but to me that would still not be much consolation for the tragic loss of such an important historical building, that has surely been such an important focal point for the community.
Good luck getting much out of the locals, most people are pretty soul-less when it comes to this kind of thing.

Carl747

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
just a shame it could be made to look nice and part of the local housing but that would be too much hard work for them

Wakey lad

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Nobody wants to invest in retaining something of our countries identity these days - Always makes me laugh, money can always be found to cover statues in gold leaf in London though :crazy