real time web analytics
Report - - Club Karma Nightclub - Dover - October 21 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Club Karma Nightclub - Dover - October 21

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

UrbexBee20

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History of Club Karma

This nightclub has been abandoned since May 2014 and is due to be turned into 29 flats. It’s a 1950’s building and the venue was first opened in the late 1990’s to punters. It has been rebranded multiple times under the names of NuAge, Studio 1, Karma, Déjà Vu. There were talks in 2006 to convert the building into flats however, in 2010 the building was taken over by Sonal Gupta and 1 million pound was spent refurbishing it. In 2011 the venue made headlines when residents complained of drunks urinating in the street, couples having sex outside and loud music in the early hours. The venue closed for the last time in May 2014 and then it was set on fire in July 2018 and has since been left to rot.

Exploring Club Karma

Really straight forward explore with no interruptions. There were signs of squatters that had made the venue their home with bedding, bottles of drinks, food and cigarettes. The smell was repulsive and smelt of excretion and urine in the same room. No sign of recent activity although unsure whether the squatters are still there or not. There were candles on the sides which they used as a light source.

The stairs had been burnt badly but still quite stable and the place was flooded with water in most rooms. Not a lot was left in the building. There was a pole which was still intact from pole dancing back in the day. The DJ booth, the bathrooms and cloak room were also distinguishable. The men's bathroom had been trashed and the women's bathroom was still very well intact with little damage. Everything else had been damaged and was empty. It was good to look around although didn't take very long as it was quite a small building. Not the best photo’s as used my phone but wanted to post the explore - Face's have been hidden for privacy reasons.

Enjoy :)

Bria Bennett-1669.jpg
Bria Bennett-1670.jpg
Bria Bennett-1671.jpg
Bria Bennett-1672.jpg
Bria Bennett-1673.jpg
Bria Bennett-1674.jpg
Bria Bennett-1675.jpg
Bria Bennett-1676.jpg
Bria Bennett-1677.jpg
Bria Bennett-1678.jpg
Bria Bennett-1679.jpg
Bria Bennett-1680.jpg
Bria Bennett-1681.jpg
Bria Bennett-1682.jpg
Bria Bennett-1683.jpg
Bria Bennett-1684.jpg
Bria Bennett-1685.jpg
Bria Bennett-1686.jpg
Bria Bennett-1687.jpg
Bria Bennett-1688.jpg

Last edited:

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Well done on ticking it off. Looks like someone has been partying/sleeping in there. Nice metal work round the pole.:thumb

UrbexBee20

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well done on ticking it off. Looks like someone has been partying/sleeping in there. Nice metal work round the pole.:thumb
Thank you! First night club and it was an absolute dive but I'm sure it will be the first of many . I definitely think there were two people staying there due to the bed set up but glad they didn't come back while we were there

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Thank you! First night club and it was an absolute dive but I'm sure it will be the first of many . I definitely think there were two people staying there due to the bed set up but glad they didn't come back while we were there
Shame they will be homeless soon. Hopefully its the start of many. I did have this listed, but now ive seen inside, I probably wont risk angry homeless people lol

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Its awful isnt it , There's not an awful lot to see inside so you aren't missing out on much
Its sad we have homeless at all, but there is plenty of stuff around Dover, hopefully they will find somewhere better.

UrbexBee20

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Its sad we have homeless at all, but there is plenty of stuff around Dover, hopefully they will find somewhere better.
Fingers crossed! When you see all the deep level shelters around London you really think they could clear up the asbestos and make better use out of it rather than it all just sitting there!

Calamity Jane

Regular User
Fingers crossed! When you see all the deep level shelters around London you really think they could clear up the asbestos and make better use out of it rather than it all just sitting there!
I think that about a lot of places. But agree 100%

Who has read this thread (Total: 263) View details