real time web analytics
Report - - Coal Board site- Consett Co. Durham 14/08/2006 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Coal Board site- Consett Co. Durham 14/08/2006

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Q

qwerty

Hello this is my first post. On Monday night me and a friend were out for a drive. We happened upon this place and had a poke around. We decided it was worthy of taking a trip home to get the camera for.

I know Aeinstein and Inewton from this site and aeinstein directed m here to post up the pics.

So the site:

Well its some kind of Coal board site something to do with fixed power generators or something like that. There was a big tower with a pipe and a room underneath which isn't in the photo's but which I will Photograph and put up so here you go.

randomthing.jpg

The view of the site
randomthing5.jpg

randomthing19.jpg

We climbed up this ladder from the ground floor to the 1st floor
randomthing15.jpg

This was the shower room
randomthing9.jpg

randomthing8.jpg

There was a clean room as well which we unfortunately haven't got a photo of.
Access was really really easy as its just left with no security no nothing hop a fence and your in(infact there's even a stile to help you in). Its a fairly small site and only took about half an hour of in depth exploration, there was a fair few shotgun shells lying around and there was hundreds of rabbits. I think some of the out houses may get used as storage for animals as there was old hay in some of them.

I thought it was alright for a first time exploration. Bug has kind of bitten now so I think we're going to investigate a recently closed factory and maybe go and see St mary's hospital at the weekend.

Q

qwerty

Some More
randomthing4.jpg

randomthing10.jpg

The old Toilets
randomthing13.jpg

randomthing12.jpg

randomthing22.jpg

Clue to the places history
randomthing3.jpg

This door was inside the tower there is plans to invetsigate further

Blacky69

28DL Member
28DL Member
Don't suppose u got any pictures of the shaft in air vent shaft used to play down there as kids that's me mates name on door lol

Scoobysrt

Teim scoobs
28DL Full Member
This was 14 years ago and qwerty no longer seems to be a member or at least you can not click his profile and it says guest under his name.

Is your name by the vent shaft by any chance? Lol