real time web analytics
Report - - Cobbler's Corner Petrol Station, Lincolnshire March 2020 | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Cobbler's Corner Petrol Station, Lincolnshire March 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Bobski64

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Stumbled across this deserted petrol station yesterday, so went back for a visit today. It's my first report, so I hope I report this correctly.

From what I can gather, the petrol station shut down a few years ago and the owner lived on site, but passed away last year. The building looked like it had been built in about the 1930s and is in the process of being renovated/demolished and pretty much everything had been stripped out. I presume it will be gone shortly.

1. The view from the road

01 from the road.jpg

2. A bit closer

02 closer.jpg

3. The canopy

03 the canopy.jpg

4. The waterfilledvehicle inspection pit

04 the waterfilled vehicle inspection pit.jpg

5. Some 1930's windows

05 1930s windows.jpg

6. The front of the property

06 the front of the building.jpg

7. More windows

07 more 1930s windows.jpg

8. The view from inside

08 the view from inside.jpg

9. The back door

09 the back door.jpg

10. The stained glass by the backdoor

10 the stained glass window by the front door.jpg

11. A broken record

11 broken record.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gsxrwayne

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've passed that many times but not had chance to stop to take a look. Glad to see inside it now thanks

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Something different. Welcome to 28 dl, not a bad effort on first report. I must admit I wasn't expecting that stained leaded window, modern I know, just seemed out of place here

lolza22

Lolza Explores
28DL Full Member
I remember passing this recently. Found out it’s been derelict for at least 10 years if not more. There’s an old pic of it up on Geograph from 10 years back in the same state. Wonder why nothings happened with it yet?

Who has read this thread (Total: 348) View details