real time web analytics
Report - - Colby Grange Airfield, Lincolnshire - July 2012 to be continued :) | Military Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Colby Grange Airfield, Lincolnshire - July 2012 to be continued :)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

browney

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
History On RAF Coleby Grange from From Wikipedia/my friend
was a Royal Air Force station situated alongside the western edge of the A15 on open heathland between the villages of Coleby and Nocton Heath and lying 7.4 mi (11.9 km) due south of the county town Lincoln, Lincolnshire, England.
Opened in 1939 and operated as a fighter and night fighter base during World War II, occupied at various times by UK, US, Canadian and Polish fighter squadrons, the station briefly switched to a training role post-war before being placed on a care and maintenance basis.
Reopened in 1959 as an RAF Bomber Command Intermediate Range Ballistic Missile (IRBM) launch facility and placed on a high DEFCON 2 launch alert during the Cuban Missile Crisis, the station was finally closed and decommissioned in 1963. The site has been returned to agricultural use and now has little evidence of its former use, other than several lengths of perimeter track and the original air traffic control tower

I did this with a friend of mine a while ago we are also looking at a site close by but more on that later :)

Anyways on with some photos more on photo bucket

The out side

1169.jpg

1166.jpg

153.jpg

The inside

1134.jpg

1137.jpg

1104.jpg

Stairs

198.jpg

195.jpg

194.jpg

1155.jpg

The top watch office easy :)

1156.jpg

1149.jpg

A few views from the top one with a plane in it 

1139.jpg

1126.jpg

1140.jpg

1141.jpg

1153.jpg

That all hope you like reading it as much as we do exploring them and more to come and I have a new tripod coming at long last :)

More photo at http://s1064.photobucket.com/albums/u372/robert202020/

If you want to arrange an explore Anywhere I am arranging one in Lincoln and area soon feel free to tag alone :)

[email protected]

Despite the well-known sign ‘trespassers will be prosecuted’, trespass is not a criminal offence and trespassers cannot usually be prosecuted. They can, however, be sued if causing damage to the property they are on. Not us we just take photo and explore then leave it how it was when we arrived :)

Last edited:

Emmailott

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Wow! This looks quite different now, much more overgrown. went this week and wasn’t too sure of the location, found it in the end... didn’t get long in there as a farmer saw us and was worried for our safety!! Shame we couldn’t get a view from the roof :( wish I got more photos there but didn’t want to further annoy the farmer! Might go back at some point to get a better explore of the whole building, not just a quick overview
10C647B3-58C9-40F8-94C6-09213B7CFAD5.jpeg