real time web analytics
Report - - Colin’s Barn (Hobbit House), Crunwell, November 2020 | Other Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Colin’s Barn (Hobbit House), Crunwell, November 2020

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

xjb95x

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Well I have to say this is my new favourite place! It took us absolutely ages to find it. Throw in breaking a nail, losing a shoe and being chased by a horse and we found it.

The history on this place is that Colin Stokes built this barn to house his sheep and store hay. He started and just ‘got a bit carried away’. In the end he left to avoid the noise from a nearby quarry and never finished his project.

The explore itself was pretty breath taking to be honest. As a firm lover of Lord of the Rings I could really see why this place is nicknamed Hobbit House. The outside honestly looks like something out of a fairytale and considering it’s now been abandoned for 20 years is a testament to Colin’s skills. Inside as you’ll see in the pictures are lovely details Colin added. Such as the stain glass windows and spiral staircases. Amazing that he built the entire thing from bricks and stones around his property.
I have added a few photos I took but wanted to leave some for others to explore and be wowed as I was as it’s such a small place. Go if you can!

FaZy_UK

28DL Regular User
Regular User
It is a pretty nice and interesting place.

You got lucky. The landowner is a pure wanker. He went insane at me when I got caught leaving. Dick.

xjb95x

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
It is a pretty nice and interesting place.

You got lucky. The landowner is a pure wanker. He went insane at me when I got caught leaving. Dick.
I was prepared for him as I’d heard he’s a prick! But we spotted him and legged it, thankfully we were coming out already!

Seffy

SWC
Staff member
Yeeeeahhh! I love this little house. Thanks for the update - I’m chuffed to see it in such good condition still :D

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
I adore seeing this place pop up. It never changes and is stunning. Great photos :D

xjb95x

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Yeeeeahhh! I love this little house. Thanks for the update - I’m chuffed to see it in such good condition still :D
I’m amazed considering how long it’s been there that it’s still in good condition to be honest. Maybe the asshole farmer scares away the ones that would trash it! Lol!

CatfishCKY

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
This is a great little place, I went years ago. Glad to see it's still in great condition, long may it stay that way!

OldGit

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've heard the same comments about the owner before. Has anyone ever tried to arrange a permission visit?

xjb95x

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I've heard the same comments about the owner before. Has anyone ever tried to arrange a permission visit?
Would be worth a shot I suppose. But he seems like he's done everything he can to keep people off his land. We went via electric fences because the actual drive now has cctv and proper steel gates. I don't think he wants people there at all. If you manage to get a permission visit please let me know!

Calamity Jane

i see beauty in the unloved, places & things
Regular User
Would be worth a shot I suppose. But he seems like he's done everything he can to keep people off his land. We went via electric fences because the actual drive now has cctv and proper steel gates. I don't think he wants people there at all. If you manage to get a permission visit please let me know!
Me too please. Id love to tag along @Old Git if you get permission?

Who has read this thread (Total: 141) View details