real time web analytics
Report - - Colonel Bogeys Nightclub, Isle of Wight - Feb 2016 | Leisure Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Colonel Bogeys Nightclub, Isle of Wight - Feb 2016

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

b3n

onehundredandthirtythree
Regular User
It's a cold and wet night. The wind whipping the sea into foam, blown snow like across the road as we approach the White City complex. Holiday apartments, a seaside pub, amusement arcade and tonight's target.. Bogeys Nightclub.

Built circa 1960 the building is a symbol of bucket and spade holidays of the period. Cheap and cheerful accommodation adjacent to the beach with an amusement arcade, cafe, gift shop and nightlife all under one roof.
Business was booming well into the 90's but with the emergence of cheap flights, and escalating IOW ferry prices, the nations holiday habits changed. This complex along with the rest of the town became slowly more dilapidated as visitor numbers declined. The nightclub was still popular with it's regular 'grab a granny' nights and buy one get one free alcopops pulling in a crowd of locals but by late 2012 the entire site was closed for good.

It took a few tries but we could literally smell the access, that turgid sweet smell of rot and stagnant water. After contorting our way into the basement club we could see why, not just the stale drinks ground into the carpets but the lower dance floor is flooded. Climbing over furniture gave access to the entire club, untouched since the closing night, lost property, giveaway tshirts, the whole shebang.

Bogeys.jpg

bwater.jpg

bmap.jpg

snot.jpg

bar_1.jpg

tee.jpg

flooded%20snot.jpg

snotty%20booth.jpg

bar.jpg

bsign.jpg

ticket%202.jpg

door2.jpg

door.jpg

And some fun..

steve.jpg

The rest of the complex to follow when i can be bothered to sort through the photos..

Last edited:

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Nice find. Decent set of snaps too; I'm assuming it was pitch black in there?

b3n

onehundredandthirtythree
Regular User
Nice find. Decent set of snaps too; I'm assuming it was pitch black in there?

Cheers mate, yea pitch black and done at night, apart from the first and last shot pics are just from a Panasonic fz28.

So much stuff down here atm lots of reports to come, and the more sensitive stuff when I can ;)

WildBoyz

Is this the future?
28DL Full Member
Cheers mate, yea pitch black and done at night, apart from the first and last shot pics are just from a Panasonic fz28.

So much stuff down here atm lots of reports to come, and the more sensitive stuff when I can ;)

Nice one :thumb Cool, looking forward to the forthcoming reports.

The Kwan

28DL Regular User
Regular User
Love a good 80's night, those pillars look well cool......is it still standing or was there one of those accidental fires :)
steve.jpg

tatyr raker

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm a bit traumatised to see this place, it makes me feel like a relic! I was here about 18 years ago, with a friend who lived on the island.
It doesn't look in bad nick, all things considered!