real time web analytics
Information - - Compressing your photos | Photography and Video Forum | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - Compressing your photos

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

horrgakx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Hi everyone, I noticed a lot of people posting very large (as in file size) jpg's. You don' have to loose a load of quality to get your file size down. I have a full version of JPEGmini which makes file sizes very small without compromising quality. I use it for my business (Wedding Photography) also, give it a go.
https://www.jpegmini.com/

tigger

mog
Regular User
horrgakx must be one of those special moderators who don't have the blue name if he sees the size of the files we are uploading ;)

horrgakx

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I'm not a moderator, and I hope it's not considered spam. I saw when clicking on some of the links some of the files were around 9mb in size. No need, no benefit.

From my Canon 1DXmk2 I can edit the raw files and compress the resulting jpg's down to something more palatable. All the jpg's in posts I've done recently (3 in the last 3 weeks) have been compressed with this.

Bikin Glynn

28DL Regular User
Regular User
I'm not a moderator, and I hope it's not considered spam. I saw when clicking on some of the links some of the files were around 9mb in size. No need, no benefit.

From my Canon 1DXmk2 I can edit the raw files and compress the resulting jpg's down to something more palatable. All the jpg's in posts I've done recently (3 in the last 3 weeks) have been compressed with this.

Thought your pics were good, thats a nice bit of kit!

tigger

mog
Regular User

If they are links then not uploaded here presumably.
If at some external host then perhaps stored at a large file so for a specific reason? I know people who use external hosting sites as they think it;s more secure than trusting a hard drive in their PC. In my case I store my raw files on a couple of RAID arrays and only ever upload much lower resolution (and quality) than I'd use for other things. I do the reduction using photoshop as that's what i use to convert the RAW data to images....no need for any other sotware.
As for the link being spam......no idea.

Some very nice images you've been posting....but you need to bare in mind that this isn't a photography forum.

Lord Oort

Fear is the little death
Regular User

Whut? You can convert RAW to JPEG???? My god...