real time web analytics
Report - - Convento de São Francisco Portimao Portugal (16th Century) | European and International Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Convento de São Francisco Portimao Portugal (16th Century)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

adventure4000

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Just wondering if anyone has been here? Its is Portugal Portimao. I went here in 2010 and I have just find the pictures of the site as the pictures were taken by film not a mobile phone.

This place was like a palace in its day, it had many rooms and a basement that looked like a place for the prisoners in the day. With an enviable view overlooking the city of Portimão, the Convento de São Francisco (Convent of Saint Francis) is 16th-century architectural complex developed from a group of houses donated by Simão Correia, captain of Azamar, who also built a small Chapel in honour of Our Lady of Hope as thanks for God’s protection in the wars. The buildings are harmoniously interconnected. The convent was built later, in 1541. It is currently a property of public interest in Portimão, but it is owned privately and there is no visitor access. is a good explore if your in the area. Easy to just wonder on and explore the site/ building.

I only took a few pics as my film on my camera ran out. I have just transferred them onto digital. Enjoy!

Here is a few pics of the place and it is still on Google maps if interested.

DSC01148.JPG

DSC01149.JPG

DSC01150.JPG

DSC01151.JPG