real time web analytics
Information - - copy go pro | Kit / Clothing / Equipment | Page 3 | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Information - copy go pro

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Has anyone else tried the sj4000 wifi recently or any other GoPro style cams recently thinking getting one but so many to choose from and prices vary a lot .

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
I got myself one of the Action Cams that EE are pushing at the moment. It's not the cheapest copy on the market but the video comes off nice and crisp. It has the added benefit of being able to live stream over 4G too (Not that I ever think I'd use that) but it was fun to have a play with. The top vide you get out of it is 1080p 30fps.

Its an aright bit of kit. It's about £300 to buy from EE outright, or they do it on contract.

IMG_4649.JPG

Lavino

28DL Full Member
Thanks looks good that I'll have a look but was looking for something a bit less as he probably won't use it much.

robertT230

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Haven't come across those before. Anyone used one?
I haven't but I do have a gopro I bought before I rediscovered my love for urban exploration. Would an action cam be really useful for exploring? The biggest drawback for them is their poor low light performance.

Bunk3r

28DL Memb3r
28DL Full Member
yeah, I got a couple 'for the kids' at christmas, not put them through the paces yet but researched a lot before buying. modern gopros quality is loads better, but the quality is acceptable (I just looked at some vids on the youtube). I would say go for the sj5000 though as that steps up the quality, I didnt as I was buying 2 and they will get limited use.

wifi and screen are very handy (especially for the kids that kinda expect this stuff as standard ha).

Dont get a copy. (yes they copy the copy ha, a quick google will show you the diff).

I'd buy from a UK seller too, I buy a lot of cheap things form HK/ china but bought these from UK as didnt want to get stung on import taxes.

Lavino

28DL Full Member
I ended up getting GoPro hero3+ silver in the sales from Argos so far happy with it.

robertT230

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I ended up getting GoPro hero3+ silver in the sales from Argos so far happy with it.
I went with a hero4 silver. The touchscreen is pretty handy and I bought a smart remote as well but they're sold separately. It would be pretty handy for exploring but they don't do so good in low light(for video anyway)

GRONK

Useful Idiot
Regular User
That's the worst thing about all of them, shite in low light.

Tbh, if you're looking to do proper filming in the dark then you'd be getter going for something bigger, If its just something small to strap onto yourself to prove you didn't put the window through. Then you'll be fine with the with the go pro or one of the competitors, you should have a touch with you anyway if it is really dark.

robertT230

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Tbh, if you're looking to do proper filming in the dark then you'd be getter going for something bigger, If its just something small to strap onto yourself to prove you didn't put the window through. Then you'll be fine with the with the go pro or one of the competitors, you should have a touch with you anyway if it is really dark.
In my opinion, there is no real competition when it comes to action cams. Gopro is by far the best little action cams you can buy but the only thing is the price. I paid 250 for the hero4 silver and it will film at 1080@60 frames which is enough for me. If you're crazy about 4k then the black edition is also avaliable(£300+)

Eliot

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
Ive used one for a little while and its great, do advise spare batteries as a must however

tazong

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
I have a go pro 3 hero black that i use on my drone and a hero 4 black for exploring videos - i have done a fair amount of experimenting with go pros in the dark - with various settings and different torches with varying results - I bought something called a light n motion sidekick duo , it was about £100 but you can spend 3 times that amount on a really good torch.
All i can say is the results have been fantastic - totally waterproof you can actually go diving with it,you can mount it with go pro on a mount with it in its waterproof case working side by side, in the dark its totally unrivalled - if you want to film in the dark get one of these - trust me you wont regret it.

http://www.lightandmotion.com/sidekick-duo

Last edited:

Who has read this thread (Total: 3) View details