real time web analytics
Report - - Corah hosiery factory Leicester (Dec 2020) | Industrial Sites | 28DaysLater.co.uk

Report - Corah hosiery factory Leicester (Dec 2020)

Hide this ad by donating or subscribing !

Satan_Seeker666

28DL Full Member
28DL Full Member
So my plan was to scope out the old corah building and possibly the old board room! I played it risky and went in the day disguised as a student taking photos for an art project (I have a baby face obviously it worked when I was found).

unfortunately I couldn’t really see how to get in but I managed to find my way into the old boiler house and found a lovely little unit full of old scrap cars and graffiti! It was quite the easy walk in tbh but I need a bigger challenge so I plan to buddy up and get some help finding my way in!

History:
N. Corah and Sons
was a manufacturer of hosiery and textiles, At one time it was the largest knitwearproducer in Europe, and its products had a major influence on the development and prosperity of the Marks & Spencer chain of retail stores

Today parts of the monumental factory are still used by small scale hosiery manufacture. But much of the site is now derelict and the boiler house chimney has been demolished. It is not a listed building. Its iconic nature and it relative openness to casual visitors has meant it has become a favourite of so-called Urban Explorers.

THEY ARE NOT WRONG!

In May 2016, a fire engulfed a large, but derelict part of the building, damage was restricted to the inside of the building. The building still stands but most is unused due to being so damaged from the fire.

The exploration:

Parts of the building are now used by is multiple company’s including printing, studios, gyms and mechanics so wondering around isn’t suspect at all. My plan was to find entry to the biggest most derelict parts of the building! I did a full lap around the outside and couldn’t really see anything that would be easy and not though a car park full of cameras! On failing the outside I decided to wonder into the business park in the centre of the buildings. Actually super easy to just walk about in the kind of court yard area

luckily I stubbled across the old boiler house and could easily climb in. Pretty cool very over grown mind where you step that’s for sure! The more I wondered about the more I found. An area that looked like a place where cars go to die, a room full of debris and and empty old what I assume would have been break room! As there was a toile

I also found a big ass jack hammer! LIKE WHY WOULD YPU LEAVE THAT LAYING AROUND! COMEON I COULD HAVE TAKEN THAT AND BANGED IT ON EBAY!
Not that no one wouldn’t notice my 5ft 6 ass carrying it out

Anyway here’s some photos of my adventure:

This is my 2nd favourite photo becuse of the sign and the absolute state that this place was!
I had a good giggle ok!!

It reads: WHO WORK IN THE BOILERHOUSE PLEASE TIDY UP AFTER YOURSELF.

This is the spot I was found as it’s behind the mechanics place and they use the old car parts to fix working cars! The man wasn’t bothered when I said I was taking pictures for an art project.

I’ve named this photo as it’s my favourite
C A N D Y I N S I D E... (I know creepy)

Who has read this thread (Total: 255) View details